Date set for Turbo-Buick & Sy/Ty gathering @ Mooresville, NC

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
The 2nd Annual Turbo Buick & GMC Sy/Ty Winter Gathering will be held Saturday December 8th, 2001. Located at Mooresville Dragway in beautiful Mooresville, NC. The gates open at 12:00 noon and close at 5:00 pm. A rain date of Saturday December 15th has also been set.
Anyone needing more info can e-mail and I will respond.
I hope to see many of you there.
Thanks, Keith

Things are looking very well for our gathering! Alot of you have been e-mailing me privately, and it looks like we are going to have in excess of 30 TR's and around 20 Sy/Ty's!! I hope to see everyone there, and lets have a really good time!!
Thanks, Keith

I will be there too. Also know of about 3 or 4 others from Kernersville coming.

Who would like to meet a Porky's Barbeque for lunch before the track opens? Located at the China Grove exit off of 85 about 15 min from the track.

Me and 2 or 3 TR's will be there. BTW, will this be a open test and tune or will this be TR's only. I might have a buddy to bring his car.

Travis, its open test and tune. Next year it will hopefully be a sponsored Turbo car/truck event.
Keith

So far from where I live in Harrisburg, between Charlotte and Concord, the weather looks promising! So as of now we are still on for today! Keep an eye on this topic for further updates over the next couple of hours.
Keith

According to weather.com, the weather channel, and the local news, there will be NO rain until late tonight. Plus, it looks just beautiful outside right now!! So, LETS GO RACING EVERYONE!!!

Great turn out!
Several ty's and sy's, Myclone was running 7.90's if I remember correctly.
Redmon ran a twin turbo SBC (TR)at 6.00 flat;
Steele was running 7.00 flat;
A few late model f body's ran well with nos and one silver mustang was running 8.8 or so. Great informal get together.

Had a blast.. Weather was super nice. Coulda been 10 deg cooler and I wouldnt have complained. Buncha turbo Buicks there and even a SyTy or two.. Just had a ball hanging out talking to ppl and not scattering myclone all over the track

Ran a new personal best of 7.78 @ 88.26mph on 20psi. Got 4 more psi to go... :D :D

Got ran down by a new f bod on spray though... Ughh, hated that.. Need to learn when to lock and when NOT to lock the TC.. Dammit...

I also had a blast. I ran my best at Mooresville Sat, with a 7.31@94 mph. I also drove it to the track and back! see ya next year.:D

Congratulations to everyone that ran and ran well. We did have great weather and a good turn out. I had a blast. I had the chance to run on a pro tree for the first time in my life!! I NEED more practice there if I plan on running in a H/U class at B.G.!!:D
We will be having a 3rd annual next year, hopefully in late November though. Thank You to everyone that came!!
Keith

I heard it was a good turnout to badi coulndt be there i was workingon my shop building behind my house i be glad when i get this damn thing done . the main reason to get ti built so i can work inside in stead off outside on my tr cars plus get them out of weather.i hope to get to go racing next year when i get this thing done. man its alot work to build a arch buiding .
thanks regalwe4 kevin ;)

Myclone, I noticed that also. The person taking the photos was not in connection with our gathering. He handed me a flyer at the end of the day that had his web address on it. You may want to call them, maybe there are other photos???:confused:

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
Myclone, I noticed that also. The person taking the photos was not in connection with our gathering. He handed me a flyer at the end of the day that had his web address on it. You may want to call them, maybe there are other photos???:confused:

I dropped them a mail asking if they took any of "us" and if so I would be interested in purchasing them. Havent heard anything from them (I sent the mail right before I posted/whined about no SyTy pics)..

Might get lucky and they snapped a few pics of the lil ol hay hauler running 7.7xs... :D

Again, had a super time and hope to do it again next year..

:D Dave you said us.....???? Are you talking about a picture of me and you.

Lisa
XO