You can type here any text you want

Datsun Z with a SBC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Had quite the street meet last Sat night. GNDriven lined me up with a old Z car with a SBCin it and the GN prevailed both times.

1st race from a dig........We were even through first since we both spun a lil.
The ole Buford lurched forward on the 2nd gear shift and pulled a full car ahead he crept back to the 1/4 panels around the middle of third but failed to come around.

2nd race.......from a 5ish roll, we were even through first with neither spinning, the GN pulled half a car ahead at the 1-2 shift and it stayed that way til I heard him on the rev limiter in third/the 1/4 was over.

It was a blast...and the conv was not being locked at WFO

Was it a true Scarab Z?
Buddy of mine had one of these back in the 80's. I think they were originally 240Z's and then Scarab converted them to 350SB's

Good killin':D

A V8 Z-car will definitely be my next project car. They're just so damn sexy. :biggrin:

Datsun260Z.jpg

The 240Z was my first "favorite car" as a kid.
I built a handful of Revell models of them and dreamed about owning one when I turned 16.....
Instead I bought a 68 Camaro after my dad said no to a 70 Challenger R/T and a 69 Firebird 400 with a hood tach.

Good kill!

I got lined up against a sbc in a caged 240Z that was very ratty looking back in 94 at G'ville raceway. I had in my 72 Stage 1 that runs mid-high 12's and he was just gone from the light running low 10's all day. I felt verrry sloooow.

Mikey

Back