Dave Bamford's 4.8 LSX Conversion

I'm in love all over again! LOL Looking forward to see how much power it makes on the Dyno.

Can you notice the extra cubes just driving around?

I can tell the difference with the extra cubes. The V6 is a slug driving around until it's gets up on some boost. It's nice having 400 plus HP on motor with the LSX.

up lsx.JPG
front lsx.JPG
lsx pic.JPG
A few pics of the LSX on the stand

There is no t-stat in the motor, it's wide open. I didn't want to restrict coolant flow, coolant temps are around 180.

It's been up and running for over a week, been driving it around kicking A$$ on the street. We will be out on Woodward the next few weekends leading up to the cruise.

Im sure you guys are going to the Moose Reserve, Are you guys selling tickets for rides, I would like to purchase one. lol

Awesome build! If my new motor blows up, I'm going this route! Maybe I missed it but, what trans are you running? Thanks for all the info.

LSXtv quote:
"Truthfully, we’re not sure why someone would yank the factory turbocharged Buick V6 for an LS engine."

Had ths LSX on Woodward last night stomping everyone! I really love the reliability this motor provides. We are still waiting for some so called fast V6 bucks to show up, maybe the week leading up to the cruise?

While I am sure stomping ricers and kids in clapped out Mustangs on Woodward with you high $$ TT LSX build is quite enjoyable in a juvenile sort of way, how do you think it would hang with twin 70's on a TA alum S2 Buick V6?
IMAG0960.jpg

Feel free to bring that thing to Youngstown anytime, I have a nice safe stretch on the street and several tracks close by take your pick.

Hahaha. Bring that high dollar time bomb up to Woodward next week. I'll embarrass you in front of the whole Buick crowd. If you want a piece of me bring your car up here on the street, I'm not going to waste my time coming to you as I have nothing to prove.

It's funny how the short guys are always trying to measure up. Time to run along little Chris...go try to make a name for yourself in another high profile thread.

See you on Woodward...if you think you can measure up!

He was on mine too. I guess I will not be turning on that secret blue bottle in the back of his car next time like I did when he ran that time he has in his signature lol

His twin set up looks like A$$! Not much thought put into that one.Could one of the mods please remove the picture? The only descent looking thing on that motor is the coil on plug.

I am still not sure why people that don't like V8 regals bother coming in this section.
The LSX and V8 content are far less than 10% of the content on this site.
Be happy with what you like and the other 90% of the board.
"These are not the Buicks you are looking for, move along" Jedi mind trick

John,
I never once said anything bad about Dave's build or even Dave himself. I think Daves LSx build is pretty cool well thought out and the only thing I would do different is probably start w a regular gbody instead of a GN but I even understand why Dave used his GN since he already owned it.

What I do have issue with is these guys who make the swap and then take every chance they can to talk about smack on how the Buick V6 is junk breaks easily cost so much and how much better thier stuff is now that they have an LSx motor. I would like someone to actually prove this point??? This is a Buick board is it not? Is this not a fair question for a Buick board???

Dave makes personal attacks derogatory comments on my car breaks forum policy and u as a moderator come on here and post about how I should mind my own business, seriously??????