Dave Bamford's 4.8 LSX Conversion

any reason why you are not using the coolant lines at the front and rear of the heads...from what i read on ls1tech--some think since the rear weren't piped on a lot of motors (or certain motors) that head gaskets went bad quicker ..

any reason why you are not using the coolant lines at the front and rear of the heads...from what i read on ls1tech--some think since the rear weren't piped on a lot of motors (or certain motors) that head gaskets went bad quicker ..

I am currently piping those while the motor is on the stand with the Kurt Urban kit.

Sorry, found what I was looking for. These would be some impressive numbers with out an intercooler. Not doubting that it can be done, I truthfully have no idea. Good luck. I'm a fan.
Should be really easy to achieve, I did a little over 800 to the wheels with a stock l33 5.3 with just a cam, and springs. Stock tty head bolts, E85 and no intercooler. I am thinking of changing the head bolts to studs before I head to the track this year. BTW 18 lbs boost on zo6 cam, untouched, unbolted 799 heads and a victor jr intake with twin 61 mm p-trim turbos.

what is this car going to weigh, when finished?

Eventually this is what I plan on doing to my G.N.

do you just have the 4.8 ls in there for mock up, or are you going to push this engine?

The 4.8 is a mock up but we are going to push it. I will scale the car when complete and post it up.

I can't believe how smooth it went together, all parts in stock no long wait or huge markups. The Big Stuff 3 LS1 COP ECU and harness were also a piece of cake to install and fire the motor.

If anyone is on the fence about doing this conversion... Do It!

We should have done this years ago, it would have saved us 10's of thousands with bad Buick builds.

Whats that whinning sound :rolleyes:, Sounds awesomes, looks badass!!! Cant wait to see some more footage

How is your fuel system set up? I see the pump and the aluminum cell. Is it have the foam? What size line are you running to and from the pump and filter? I'm looking to do the same set up in a gn. Hard to find other people running a cell and corn. lol

How is your fuel system set up? I see the pump and the aluminum cell. Is it have the foam? What size line are you running to and from the pump and filter? I'm looking to do the same set up in a gn. Hard to find other people running a cell and corn. lol

Weldon 2035 -10 supply -6 return Y with -8 feeding rails, GM flex fuel sensor. Aluminum cell with shut off on vent when not in use,no foam in cell ,rubber lines. No corrosion issues at all.

Where did you get a cell with -10 feed lines? What type of filter? Thanks for the info! Amazing build.

Ok so Im curious on what the total cost of doing this conversion cost you? From start to finish. I think alot of guys would be interested in the relative cost of building a twin or even single turbo LS1 setup vs the 109's. I know its way cheaper then a 109 block, but ballpark price. Im def interested. Best of both worlds. V-8 rumble/reliabilty and the turbo setup

Where did you get a cell with -10 feed lines? What type of filter? Thanks for the info! Amazing build.

I am feeding the pump with 2 -8 lines into a stainless aeromotive pre filter, weldon pump then a stainless filter exiting the pump with a -10 line to the Y