You can type here any text you want

David Wolfe resets the Drag Radial record at MIR with a 6.57 @227mph!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I like the haters that are complaining he lost in the finals because he spun.
Somehow that discredits him running .3 tenths faster than the next guy.
Man some people are lame...

I like the haters that are complaining he lost in the finals because he spun.
Somehow that discredits him running .3 tenths faster than the next guy.
Man some people are lame...

I'm actually glad he finally spun so the traction control and wheelie control haters can shut up. He's not used to racing on a cold surface like those locals so I'm sure he was chasing the set-up. Just goes to show why the fastest cars do run MIR. DA was insane.

Dusty, Is that a 3 speed car , kinda of hard to tell but it almost sounds like it??
50 MPH out the back!! WOW!! Also sounds like a fairly loose converter cause the rpm sounds fairly high most of the track past the 60'. Mike

Dusty, Is that a 3 speed car , kinda of hard to tell but it almost sounds like it??
50 MPH out the back!! WOW!! Also sounds like a fairly loose converter cause the rpm sounds fairly high most of the track past the 60'. Mike

Yep Turbo 400.

In Valdosta it sounded like he was well past half track when he went to high gear. I assume it's a 3 speed but he's leaving in 2nd gear.

The rpm dip in that video early in the run sounds odd. It could be a very early gear change or alot of timing retard.

In Valdosta it sounded like he was well past half track when he went to high gear. I assume it's a 3 speed but he's leaving in 2nd gear.

The rpm dip in that video early in the run sounds odd. It could be a very early gear change or alot of timing retard.

I knew a lot of cars these days use the 400 with the 1.45 or 1.48 as first gear. It could be that he pulls the timing to get the tire speed back under control. Defenetly something sounds a bit different and there probaly lies the secret to his sucess. Mike:cool:

I knew a lot of cars these days use the 400 with the 1.45 or 1.48 as first gear. It could be that he pulls the timing to get the tire speed back under control. Defenetly something sounds a bit different and there probaly lies the secret to some of his sucess. Mike:cool:

Talk about impressive. Would never think it's capable of that by just looking at it.

I knew a lot of cars these days use the 400 with the 1.45 or 1.48 as first gear. It could be that he pulls the timing to get the tire speed back under control. Defenetly something sounds a bit different and there probaly lies the secret to his sucess. Mike:cool:

One local racer makes the gear change in his glide at 1 second and just motors down the track. Runs 4.60's consistently.

The track was very tricky where they were racing this past weekend. I could see him launching at a lower rpm then going to 2nd quickly to try and get a better 60'. I could also see him pulling alot of timing at that point or traction control pulling alot of timing for him........any of these will cause the rpm dip.

His car was not doing that at Valdosta and his 60's were mid 1.1's.

One local racer makes the gear change in his glide at 1 second and just motors down the track. Runs 4.60's consistently.

The track was very tricky where they were racing this past weekend. I could see him launching at a lower rpm then going to 2nd quickly to try and get a better 60'. I could also see him pulling alot of timing at that point or traction control pulling alot of timing for him........any of these will cause the rpm dip.

His car was not doing that at Valdosta and his 60's were mid 1.1's.

Any chance he's running a PTC converter?

Any chance he's running a PTC converter?

I'm sure he isn't. Not sure what he's using. He may be using a Neil Chance or he may have someone who builds something custom just for him so no one else knows the details. ATI, Coan and Chance are very popular with the big block combo's.

Most of the big block cars are using a 10.5 converter. They don't have an issue with spooling because they have plenty of cubic inches so they use the larger converters. I am working on a 10.5 for my big block since my last outing has shown me some issues. PTC does have a 10.5 bolt together that's being used by some 10.5 tire teams.

Back