Day your GN was made

saywin

Fletch
I went to a car show one time and a guy had a car, don't remember which one but he had the exact day his car was made. Is there anyway of knowing on the GN's. I know it was made in Nov 87 thus for making it one of the last.
Please let me know how to tell.

yes the month, day, and year is punched right on the body. It's right above the rear on the passenger side. I use to have a picture but I can't find it. Just lay under there and look around you'll find it. If you have undercoat it might be harder to see it's not stamped real heavy but it's there on ALL GN's! :cool:

more specific

Hello and thanks,
can you be more specific about where, by the trunk, tire door? Please let me know.
Thanks,
Chad

I pulled my build sheet out of the door and I know the day, month and year its was built. Mine was built 10/07/85.

I pulled my build sheet out of the door and I know the day, month and year its was built. Mine was built 10/07/85.

That was the date it was ordered. Not the date it was built. My build sheet shows a Monday date but the date punched under the car shows a Friday. Sometimes the build sheets would print out and the car would not be built for a few days or even a week later.

Not sure if T's have the date stamped in them as well. I would think they would. Look right above the rear, between the pumpkin and spring, on the bottom of the car. Get a flashlight and lay under the car and look up on the body. You'll see it. :cool:

I just went and looked and I dont see a thing. Its a low mile car too, so its pretty clean under there.

Sheets

Just two years and a few days off GnGirl's,,mine was 10/19/87:smile:

Evaddave

I just realized I am guessing on the year, since the Date on the sheet is 1019. Could be 86.

Just two years and a few days off GnGirl's,,mine was 10/19/87:smile:

Evaddave

I just realized I am guessing on the year, since the Date on the sheet is 1019. Could be 86.

The sticker on your drivers door, if its still there, should say 10/86 or 10/87.

It would be cool if we could get everyone to post the dates from their TR's and see if we could figure out whos was closer to the first and last off the line. Not that it would matter, just would be neat to do.

Mine was built in 09/87 so it's towards the end...I know my VIN number ends in 456789 which nobody can claim that oddity!

I knew you guys would find it! :D Mine was somewhat rare. Built 9/14/87 it was a late build car with low options. Most of the cars near the end were loaded with all the options as they were trying to get rid of the parts. Also it came to a point where you could not order a car at all with any options. The original owner of my car said the dealer waited till the cut off date and ordered a dozen GN's with all different types of options on them from next to nothing like mine to fully loaded one.

I found my build sheet when I had the door panel off and the date on it shows 6/29/87. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! My birthday............... 6/29/72!! How cool is that?:D

I'm trying to find mine on the 87 Limited, but if what I found is it, it wasnt legable. Can someone tell me about the car with the VIN #? its 1G4GM117HP433332

Can anyone pin point the location better for me. I have looked 3 times and cant find a thing. Is it close to the fuel lines? Or does anyone have a picture of the location?

same here GnGirl, this is gonna drive me nuts! I know I looked 3 or 4 times too.

I have a vision of hundreds of TR owners underneath their cars right now.:biggrin: Just got out from under mine and could find something stamped on the underneath of the trunk floor. Is that it?? Damn eyes just couldn't focus enough to read it.:(

I know it was made in 10/87 so one of the last.

My car was orderd on 01/10/86. I thought the build sheet was under the back seat? I must be looking in the wrong place. What door did you find yours in ?:confused: