You can type here any text you want

Deep grinding noise and a rattle?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Baron Von Buick

Big White Guy
Ok well now my Regal is an everyday car (RIP Taurus:( ) Already the radiator went, no prob $115 bucks, Oil change upper and lower hoses and fuel filter running nice? Yes but...........
After the car shifts into third gear i hear a deep rumbling and what sounds like rattling and the car gets a little sluggish so i press on the gas a little harder and the problem fixes itself but it keeps doing it going into 3rd gear. any ideas?
thanks
Patrick

<------ Prays he doesn't need a new tranny!

Torque converter locking up too early or stuck on?

In my TH250C, the TC can't lockup until it shifts into third. I have mine set up with a vacuum switch, so if I'm not "on it" hard enough when it shifts into third gear it does exactly what you'r talking about.

My guess is something is wrong with your TC lockup circuit. Either the solenoid is stuck on or the ECM is commanding it to lock up too early. I'd try disconnecting the 4-wire connector on the side of the transmission and see if the problem goes away--if it does, it's electrical, if it doesn't, it's likely something wrong with the solenoid.

I think the solenoid can be changed just by removing the pan.

Back