You can type here any text you want

Deep PTS trans pan...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott89TTA

Is anybody running the deep PTS aluminum pan on the TTA. Today is the last day for the special and I want to order a pan from Bruce. Not sure if I should go with the deep or shallow pan...certainly don't want to hit the pan that's for sure. I'm leaning towards the shallow pan but not 100% yet, if the deep pan (4 7/8") will work the added fluid would be nice. The shallow pan is 2 3/4" deep.

-Scott

I have the Art Carr deep pan - no scraping so far. It doesn't hang any lower than the stock downpipe bends / cat.

You can run the 700r4 bottom sucking filter like the PTS unit, plus its cheaper.

I have the Art Carr deep pan - no scraping so far. It doesn't hang any lower than the stock downpipe bends / cat.

You can run the 700r4 bottom sucking filter like the PTS unit, plus its cheaper.

Thanks for the info but too late...just got off the phone with Bruce. For $270 shipped with gasket, S/S hardware, and PTS bottom feeding filter that is a pretty good deal as far as I'm conserned plus I don't mind supporting the board vendors as well :cool: Bruce suggested I go with the shallow pan.

-Scott

So how much more does the shallow pan hold then a stocker....

Not sure...the biggest thing for me is the the pick-up design, aluminum cools down quicker, drain plug and some added fluid if so. The stock pan/filter pick-up is a poor design, when under exceleration loss of fluid becomes a major problem and this is supposed to fix that according to Bruce.

this is from the PTS website

Xtreme Aluminium Pans Shallow

Holds 2.8 qts ATF, weighs only 3.0 lbs, 2 3/4" deep, made from T6061 3/16ths sheet metal aluminum, heli-arc welded, drain plug bung welded in,PTS "Xtreme Bottom Feeder" performance filter, rear sump, stainless allen fasteners w/ stainless washers and a fiber pan gasket. Prevents cavitation, PERIOD! Tested and proven. And, they look pretty damn nice too!!

Attachments

• pans.jpg
    pans.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 123
I've got the deep PTS pan on mine. Have not had any trouble just watch out for speed bumps. If you never plan on getting a BAT brake for Bruce the shallow is all you will need.

Michael

I've got the deep PTS pan on mine. Have not had any trouble just watch out for speed bumps. If you never plan on getting a BAT brake for Bruce the shallow is all you will need.

Michael

+1 you will be happy with both but you will need a deep pan with the bat brake if you ever install one.

: Bruce suggested I go with the shallow pan.

-Scott

wise decision :biggrin: I just put a drain plug in the bottom of the wifes car when it was new ... put a new stock pan back on a day later .. ya we DROVE it like we stole it :rolleyes: :p

I have a deep one on the TTA with the brake as well.. When you look from the side it is scary... looks really low. You just have to be careful, I havent hit anything yet (well sort of) but not bad. :)

It is what is needed with the electric transbrake.

the trans I have to go in the car over the winter (see sig.) has a Stage Rite manual brake installed...I'm assuming it will be ok since it currently has a stock pan on it...is this correct?

Back