Delay Box

JoyOf6

I have to move up to SuperPro next season if I want to run a tranny brake (TH400) in my track's points races. In other words, a duck swimming with sharks. I want to run a delay box through the button. What's the best box and are there any pitfalls to watch out for in installation (e.g., polarity). I don't think I'll go with a crossover until I get the hang of it.

TIA,

Art

6er,
I have had good results with the Dedenbear boxes. The positive side of their low end model is that it's cheap - $249.00. The negative side, they sell an installation kit for $75.00. The amount of features it provides makes it worth the small amount they ask for it. Here are some specs on it:
Choose which tree--yours or your opponent's--to launch off of with Dedenbear's Crossover Delay Box. Use the regular delay features to launch aganst your own tree, or flip on the crossover when you want to leave off your opponents tree. You can even use one box to leave off your tree's top bulb and one to leave off the bottom one. The box features pushbutton thumbwheels (0.000-9.999) and toggle switch to bypass box completely. It can be used with any trans-brake up to 45 amps and any ignition system.

The real nice features here are that it can be used with ANY brake, as well as, ANY ignition system. I hope this helps. later...

I have a dedenbear delay box and throttle stop and controller that I would be willing to part with. No crossover tho.

Bruce
WE4
ww.ptsnctb.com

I tried for a full season to run Super Pro without the box and except for one day I ALWAYS went out in the first round. After I started using the box I started going rounds. My first pass with the box was a .502 light!!!! We also use the Dedenbear Crossover delay box but we don't have a trans brake, we use a four wheel line lock.

Once you start using the box you will never go back.

Good luck,

Paul Beal
pbeal@sympatico.ca

Thanks Bruce, Paul, and John. I got a look at an installed Pro Cube the other day and got a copy of the instructions (which I have yet to read closely). This thing looks very cool. Nice stocking-stuffer ;)

http://www.krperformance.com/

Art