You can type here any text you want

Design ? for 3 10's.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Taffy

After reading about how to mount a box in the trunk for max listening enjoyment, I came up with a "band aid fix". How's bout this. Since it is gonna have 3 10's (HX2 Fosgate) fire 2 towards the tail lights and one to the front of the car. I am not big into high end, I just want a really clear sounding system.

Audiowizard: After you removed the torsion bars for the trunk lid, how do you keep the lid up? Thanks, ERIC.:)

Originally posted by Taffy
Audiowizard: After you removed the torsion bars for the trunk lid, how do you keep the lid up?

I welded hand made 1/8" steel brackets on the trunk hinge and trunk floor and installed 2 GN hood shocks in between the brackets with machined pins with clevises to hold the shocks in place. Here is a pic of the mod after I trimmed out my trunk.

Attachments

• torsion bar mod.jpg
    torsion bar mod.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 87
you can also use small gas shocks (honda trunk lid) and hide them under the hinge and mount them to the back seat sheet metal (reinforced of course). That way they are hidden and don't protrude into the trunk at all, it is a much cleaner option.

No, but once I get the brackets powder coated (even though you will only see them in pictures) I will be adding pics to my website as always.

Thanks

Thanks guys!

You guys just solved my problem. I need new shocks for the hood, so I am just gonna get 4 instead of 2.

Any opinions on the 2 subs firing back and one forward?? ERIC.

Re: Thanks guys!

"You guys just solved my problem. I need new shocks for the hood, so I am just gonna get 4 instead of 2."

Good choice going with the GN hood shocks for the rear deck lid, you wont be dissappointed.

"Any opinions on the 2 subs firing back and one forward?? ERIC."

I have never seen or heard drivers done that way in a vehicle because I have always seen them firing in the same general direction. You can always experiment with that concept and see how it turns out.

Re: Thanks guys!

You guys just solved my problem. I need new shocks for the hood, so I am just gonna get 4 instead of 2.

Any opinions on the 2 subs firing back and one forward?? ERIC.

Your going to have all kinds of phasing and cancellation problems with doing that, especially if they are all in one box. If your running one amp to all three it will cause damage to all 3 woofers in a very short time.

Why would you even want to fire them that way ? Why not fire them all forward or back ? I was going to do 4 firing forward, now I am just going with 2 15's.

Taffy,
I received your e-mail and if you want me to design a good strong box for the HX2s let me know. If you want me to custom build your woofer cabinet for you, contact me through e-mail and I will give you prices.

Re: Re: Thanks guys!

Originally posted by Xtant Regal

Your going to have all kinds of phasing and cancellation problems with doing that, especially if they are all in one box. If your running one amp to all three it will cause damage to all 3 woofers in a very short time.

Why would you even want to fire them that way ? Why not fire them all forward or back ? I was going to do 4 firing forward, now I am just going with 2 15's.

Looking in a few mags there are cars that have speakers facing all weird directions. They are not facing opposite directions though.

How will it cause damage to the speakers? I am planning on running sealed with individual enclosures for each speaker. Not sure how that would damage them.

I decided to fire them that way cause It popped into my head as an idea. That is why I asked on this forum. Have you, Xtant, ever tried an opposite facing woofer setup? Just asking.

Audiowizard: I will e-mail you later tonight as I can not get to Hotmail on the work computers. ERIC.

as long as each sub is completly sealed from the others it won't hurt a thing. I think Tim was thinking that you were going to make them run in all the same air space.

Question

Just curious,how will damage be caused to the three speakers? From sharing the same air space? What about the phase probs from the speakers pointed in different directions? Always pointed woofers in same direction myself!

Back