You can type here any text you want

detonation problems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

danieldis00

I bought a 87 Grand National that had piston ring problems due to detonation. I replaced the engine with a new jasper engine. I also install a bigger intercooler,blue top injectors,t66 turbonetics turbo,3" down pipe,3"stainless exhaust,wast-gate boost controller,and a adjusted fuel pressure regulator,r42ts ac delco spark plugs gaped at .032, MSD plug wires.I then road tested the vehicle for two miles and blew the head gasket when going down the on ramp to the highway at around 45mph.

I am wondering how to tune this vehicle so that I do not have any more detonation problems.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What are your 02's like at WOT 3rd gear?
HOW MUCH BOOST ARE YOU RUNNING?
What grade of fuel?

The answers to these questions will help us help you. I have a feeling I know the answers.

There are MANY possibilities of what is wrong or not proper. :eek:

The first item that comes to my mind is the Jaspers engine? The GN is a high performance turbo engine, and needs to be built as such. Wonder if the head gaskets were the proper $50 each turbo gasket, or an $18 non-turbo generic replacement?

There are so much other info and data that is needed to resolve your problem, it will be difficult at best, and highly probably no real solution given from behind a keyboard. All we can do is throw out a wild guess. :confused:

Best starting point is to find someone knowledgeable in your area [which you neglected to share] to help you with this car, especially since this problem could have caused the other engine to self-destruct.

Back