You can type here any text you want

Diamond pistons dish size

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

Does anyone know if you can have Diamond make a piston with a custom dish size? Looking for a smaller dish for a little higher compression.

Thanks

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can have Diamond make a piston with a custom dish size? Looking for a smaller dish for a little higher compression.

Thanks
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's your guys opinion's on dish size? I'm looking for approximately 9:1 compression. .040 over, stock stroke. Champion irons.

It's not about opinion. it's about simple math. What is the deck height and connecting rod center to center distance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's go for -20cc. It'll be right at 9.5:1 and still have some deck height available.

Steve, we think alike.
I have one going together for a friend with that same Static.
Testing the waters!
6766 from Bison and
Ported Irons
Turbo Tweak chip
on the Corn.

LOL, all of my motors are getting old and I'm too cheap to buy new parts so I have to live vicariously through these other guys!

Steve, we think alike.
I have one going together for a friend with that same Static.
Testing the waters!
6766 from Bison and
Ported Irons
Turbo Tweak chip
on the Corn.
What are your goals for this motor, and what cam are you going with?

What are your goals for this motor, and what cam are you going with?

The owner wants to see a 10.50. Not a huge fan of high boost needles. I'm going to use an off the shelf 212/212 hyd. roller. I know it can be done with less, but we are trying this to see how things work out. I like Diamonds but my builder said we will use JE slugs for my two builds he is doing for me.

The second is an iron head stroker that will use a 212/212 to see how it compares to a 234ci with the same basic combo.

Last edited:
The owner wants to see a 10.50. Not a huge fan of high boost needles. I'm going to use an off the shelf 212/212 hyd. roller. I know it can be done with less, but we are trying this to see how things work out. I like Diamonds but my builder said we will use JE slugs for my two builds he is doing for me.

The second is an iron head stroker that will use a 212/212 to see how it compares to a 234ci with the same basic combo.
That will be interesting, especially if the rest of the engine build, trans and car weight are close.

That will be interesting, especially if the rest of the engine build, trans and car weight are close.

Here is what they do not have in common,
PTE FMIC vs. CAS V2
Gnx wheels vs. Stock wheels
3" dual exhaust vs 2 1/2" dual exhaust

They both will have EA Stage 2's, PTC' 9.5's, 3.42's and 28" tall DR's TT chips for 60 lb injectors and Razors alky.

I will weight the stroked car as the THS car I had in BG is the baseline.
I know this isn't apples to apples but its as close as I can get. The long blocks are done by the same guy and spec'd to the same compression ratio.

I have a similar goal for mine. I was going to go JE, but was sold on the Diamonds. I'll have ported irons, with a 210/215 roller cam, and a 6266 turbo. PTC converter 28" tall tires also. E85 too... Compression ratio should be 9.5:1

I have a similar goal for mine. I was going to go JE, but was sold on the Diamonds. I'll have ported irons, with a 210/215 roller cam, and a 6266 turbo. PTC converter 28" tall tires also. E85 too... Compression ratio should be 9.5:1

Can I ask why you are using that cam and not a 210/210, 212/212, or a 214/214? I'm just curious to see what helped you decide.

Can I ask why you are using that cam and not a 210/210, 212/212, or a 214/214? I'm just curious to see what helped you decide.
Honestly I didn't make the decision on my own, but it's a good match with the newer style cea wheels, and the bigger turbine wheel of the turbo I'm using. Mike from Full Throttle also confirmed that they are a good match.

Last edited:
Back