You can type here any text you want

Did GN's with T-tops ever come with mirror's with map lights?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I've never heard of anyone having map lights or of an option listed for them. My T-top GN has the lighted visor vanity mirror option D64 with a suggested retail price of $50.00, Oct. 1987.

probably not, but easy add on, have it in my car. Yank one from a Camaro and get the connector to the wiring harnes, down the center of the T-top, under the plastic trim, you have Orange and white wires for constant hot and hot with doors open goes to the rear opera lights in the back, you just need to add ground. Easy install. Love it!

Well, I thought for sure these cars never came with this option, but I am talking to someone who claims their car came with this from the factory, he supposedly bought it this brand new? Anyone have this in their 87 GN?

No, they never came from the factory with an illuminated rear view mirror.

SHOULD HAVE, I added one, but never from the factory.

Originally posted by SuperSix
No, they never came from the factory with an illuminated rear view mirror.

SHOULD HAVE, I added one, but never from the factory.

Ditto -
the guy is BSing or just uninformed...I guess there's always the possibility the dealer put it in but very unlikely.

Speaking of dual maplite mirrors, I'll be posting an ad today in the parts section for said part. :D

I also added the maplite mirror to my 86 GN.I got it from a 88 Blazer.The factory interior lights in these cars suck .:eek:

I added a lighted mirror three years ago, great addition!!!! Any salvage yard should have one.....No, I have never seen a factory lighted mirror....

It was *most definetly* not available as a factoty option. Its a "Dicarlo" option:)

Was this an option on the T's? Mine's a t-top car and it has the lighted mirror, I thought it came this way? I guess it could've been added before I got it.....

So. We got two people that are thought the car came this way from the factory... Anyone out there who bought their car brand new with this?

An interesting mystery...

Originally posted by FlyinGN
It was *most definetly* not available as a factoty option. Its a "Dicarlo" option:)

I sold a lot of them.........maybe you're right, Frank. :D

The dome light maplights work great on a non T roof car.

I added my factory part I bought from the parts dept. the first week I got my car. Those were an available option and many cars have them.

I also bought the DiCarlo version but haven't installed it yet. ;)
Mirror map lights were not a factory option.

Back