You can type here any text you want

Diff.betweem Afterstart,cts Table

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CZALDI

NEED SOME HELP HERE GUYS,TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE DIFF.BETWEEN THESE TWO TABLES AFTERSART VS. CTS.,AS OPPOSED TO CTS CORRECTION TABLE SEEMS LIKE THEY ALMOST DO THE SAME THING ,WHEN THE CAR IS HOT WHICH TABLE SHOULD BE CALIBRATED TO KEEP IT RUNNING AT DESIRED A/F RATIO?DOES THE AFTERSTART SHUT DOWN AT SOME POINT ?THANKS IN ADVANCE CARLOS

And I quote the manual :D :

After Start vs. CTS
Displays a 2D graph of fuel enrichment applied after the engine is started based on engine coolant temperature. This enrichment will be applied after the ECU enters “run” mode and it receives the number of crank pulses specified in the AFTER START REVS VS. CTS graph. This fuel enrichment will decay out at the rate specified in the AFTER START DECAY VS. CTS graph. After start enrichment is helpful for providing additional fuel right after initial startup to help a cold motor stay running, and it helps prevent a heat-soaked motor from surging on startup as well.

After Start Revs vs. CTS
Displays a 2D graph of the number of crank pulses that must be received by the ECU while in run mode before after start fuel enrichment is applied, based on coolant temperature. This feature allows time for excess cranking fuel to be burned before applying after start enrichment.

After Start Decay vs. CTS
Displays a 2D graph of the rate at which the after start enrichment will decay out based on engine temperature. The decay rate is shown as the number of crank pulses that must be received by the ECU to reduce the after start enrichment by 0.8%.

Edit CTS Correction
Displays a 2D graph of the percentage of fuel added or removed based on engine coolant temperature. This allows the user to program the amount of warm-up enrichment.

The main difference between the two is that after start fuel decays out over time. CTS correction doesn't; as long as an engine is at XXX degrees, the enrichment applied is based on the value of the graph at that temp and nothing else.

thats what i thought ,thanks for the help,by the way is there any way to convert the v.e. table from kpa to psi,i already have it set up on my dashboard that way but i dont know how to change the v.e. table that way ? thanks

Nope- The VE table is in kPa only.

I just got used to reading kPa, and put kPa on my dashboard.

If you want, you can have both on your dashboard...

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Back