You can type here any text you want

direct scan file

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VIN7

Hey guys, while it's cold outside I figure to do some couch tuning :)

Could some of you send me some ds files of pump gas/alky runs with: translator/extender chip combos? Also, include your build ups.

onward@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Mike

I gone through all of those Bob, it's a great resource. However, none are pump gas/alky with the extender chip. I'm trying to tune out an erratic maf output and need to see alky runs with the extender.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike, curious thing dont know if it makes a difference, on the DS runs I sent you, that car is experiencing a flutter at 7-10 PSI boost with or without alky. Like the load comes and goes. Dunno if makes a difference. I've been thinking wastegate..but all the tests the owner has performed dont appear to indicate an issue. I was thinking of putting in a GM MAF/reg chip and seeing if the flutter goes away.

In a couple weeks i'll have my tranny done and i'll drop in the translator/ext with it and send you those files. Dunno at this point. Doesnt seem to appear to cuase any drivability issue.. but curious non the less.

So dont feel its only your car.

You can always switch the alky off and run some 100/108 octane and see if the problem clears up..that would be another way.

That will only cost a few bucks in gas..

HTH

My car has a little boost flutter/surge in that range too....From what I've read it depends a lot on your parts combination such as turbo and IC as some are more likely to cause this than others. My turbo makes a lot of swhooshing noise in this range and if I push past about 10 psi the pitch of the sound totally changes and everything smooths out so it would seem everything before the throttlebody can have an effect on this...turbo surge.
HTH

Originally posted by BoostKillsStres
My car has a little boost flutter/surge in that range too....From what I've read it depends a lot on your parts combination such as turbo and IC as some are more likely to cause this than others. My turbo makes a lot of swhooshing noise in this range and if I push past about 10 psi the pitch of the sound totally changes and everything smooths out so it would seem everything before the throttlebody can have an effect on this...turbo surge.
HTH

That car has the same exact combo as yours..strange..Same turbo, a Stretch, ported TB, etc...

Wonder..hummm?

When the MAF output was really erratic I could feel some surging.
All I know is as I dialed the alky back the MAF output smoothed out and the car picked up mph. I have one last chance to play with it before I put it up for the winter. I have a new toy to play with (hint: its black, six cyl, 4 doors, and supercharged) ;)

Mike

Well spraying too much has the consequence that the motor will surge, and if the motor surges.. the MAF will change since air going past it will change.

I typically pull the alky out till I see a little KR top of third..just a tickle, then if I add just enough to make the KR go away.. the car has made its most MPH using this approach in my case..With DS..ya look for a little ripple top of third on the KR.. .2, .4, .2, 0, .2.... etc..then just add a little more pressure to clean it up. Fuel pressure plays a role as well..play dropping FP and upping alky.. or vice versa.. especially when it gets cold outside.. well ya know this :D

BTW, Congrats on the new toy :)

Back