Direct Scan with more features

Six_Silver

I would like to see Direct Scan have:

1. Boost sensing capability
2. WBO2 input capability
3. EGT input capability

The program is awesome. This would make it 10x's better IMO.

Originally posted by Six_Silver
I would like to see Direct Scan have:

1. Boost sensing capability
2. WBO2 input capability
3. EGT input capability

The program is awesome. This would make it 10x's better IMO.

The first two are my wishes, with WBO2, you do not need EGT.
This would really make DS sale.

Count me in as well! Who do I make the check out to! Boost sensing is a perfect upgrade for the DS.

I spoke to Kent Chu, owner of Chu Engineering and maker of Direct Scan, via email some time back.

He is working on a aux box that will allow for some other features as boost, etc.

Isn't Mike Licht working on a scan tool called the Power Logger, that will feature these options?? FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Item Description Page

Here's part of the description.

Our new Buick "Power Logger" scan tool is the latest in Turbo Buick tuning tools. This unit will log 25 frames per second, all computer data plus data fields not seen on other scan tools.
Features 5 analog inputs for boost, EGT, wideband air/fuel, or whatever all with full logging capability.
Comes with an USB output for logging to a laptop (laptop required for logging) with Windows98, 2000 or XP.
Has an special output to connect to our Scanmaster for use without a laptop. Scanmaster update willl increase to 5 frames per second (any faster is impossable to read on the screen).
Works with ANY chip in the ECU
Included accessories:

Power logger interface that connects to stock computer
USB cable to connect to PC for logging
Scanner Pro Software
Basic Analog Input cable to connect Scanmaster and analog inputs
LIMITED TIME Free upgrade chip for scanmaster 2.1 included in package to upgrade scnamaster to display the new data items (only works with Scanmaster 2.1 older 2.0 units or 2.1 units that are upgraded 2.0 units will not work with new chip)
Nothing else to buy!

Ship date?

Anybody have an idea of when the Power Logger is going to ship? I can't seem to get a set date for the unit. Money in hand... Must spend....

From TurboBob(Bob Bailey) on the fullthrottle tech site..Hardware is done, finishing up the software and firmware...soon, I hope too! Pre-ordered mine back in September!

when it is done we will ship it. If we had a date we would for sure let you know but we do not :(
Thanks for being patient,
Mike

I spoke to Kent Chu yesterday via email. He stated "I'm sorry to say that the work on the aux input module hasn't progressed much since last we talked. As such, no beta testers, etc. at this time. As for other upgrades, none planned at this time.

Will wait

when it is done we will ship it. If we had a date we would for sure let you know but we do not :(
Thanks for being patient,
Mike

Money in hand must spend.... I will wait. Then I can buy all the extra stuff to plug into it.

Boost Sensing

I'm supprised nobody responded about using the turbo-link boost sensing cable with Direct Scan. I have been using this for years. If you go to the link:

BST-001 Optional Boost Sensing Harness

You can buy a 3 bar map sensor and this cable. The 3 bar map sensor will monitor the boost and the cable will attach to the air temperature feed to the computer. The boost will register as a temperature reading which can be monitored by direct scan. I got a small pump and pressurized the sensor from 1 to 25 lbs and recorded the temperature reading for each pound of boost.

Working hard at it.......

Attachments

• PL_GaugePage.jpg
    PL_GaugePage.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 686