You can type here any text you want

Disc brakes for a street car

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

slo-joe55

Hey guys,
Have a question and I hope I can get some feed back on. Presently I have a heavily modified 87GN. Shopping for new brakes (disc) @ all 4 corners. The car has approx. 750hp at the flywheel. Here's the catch, I would like to use 15" wheels. Bear has a front and rear system I am considering. Would like to here from the community.

Just go with the Wilwoods or Aerospace. No need to break the bank with the Baer's imo. Nice brakes for sure but the Wilwoods are all u need imo.

I only bought them for up front since 70% of ur stopping friction is done there. But having discs all the way around is better I guess just not necessary.

Brett and others will fuss at me but if you're willing to do some of your own work then you can convert the front spindles to the last (98 and up) 4 door Blazer brakes and then get a set of rear discs off a last gen Camaro. The Camaro set up will require cutting the drum backing plate mount up so it will fit but you could do all the brakes for less than $400 and the parts are standard part store stuff then. The spindles off the Blazer are a direct fit with 11" rotors and twin piston calipers. The only issue you may have is the hub bearing because it's a bolt on sealed unit.

You could look into Ford rear axle ends to get rid of the c-clips. They can convert to disc brakes of Chevy and Ford and aftermarket.

Just go aerospace and you will have no problems you can't beat the price.Go non-drilled.

Back