Do I need shocks or springs?

SS-EXPRESS

I just put the belltech drop spindles and springs on my car and I am happy with the look however not the ride. I am using the stock springs and shocks and the car is still real floaty and the front tires hit the inner fenders over the smallest of bumps. What do I need to fix this problem? Belltech sells shocks for the front and rear will these fix my problem? I don't care about a rough ride and I would like the car to tighten up a lot more but I am not in the market for adjustable stuff. Please help.

Originally posted by SS-EXPRESS
I just put the belltech drop spindles and springs on my car and I am happy with the look however not the ride. I am using the stock springs and shocks and the car is still real floaty and the front tires hit the inner fenders over the smallest of bumps. What do I need to fix this problem? Belltech sells shocks for the front and rear will these fix my problem? I don't care about a rough ride and I would like the car to tighten up a lot more but I am not in the market for adjustable stuff. Please help.

You need both. Your shocks are blown, AND your springs are sagging. Tack the 2" drop from those spindles onto a previous 1" drop from saggy springs, and you get rubbing.

Get the Moog/TRW stock replacement springs (~$100 for all four at Pep Boys or Bumper to Bumper) and either get some poopy stock-replacement shocks (~$20 each) or go for the Bilsteins (~50 each).