You can type here any text you want

do-it-yourself budget paint job

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86SS86LS

I'm looking to paint my 93 f150. It is basically used for my work commute in the winter and for when I need to haul stuff or pull a trailer - So I'm really not looking for a perfect paint job, just want it to look better than it does right now. The factory paint job is intact but faded, so I'd like to scuff it and spray it with a single stage paint. I have access to an air compressor and would be willing to purchase an HVLP gun. Anyone have advice on a cheap do it yourself paint job?

I think it was mopars dot com that did a diy enamal brush on paint job. If it's just a worker it doesn't look bad, but it does take a little work.

I think it was mopars dot com that did a diy enamal brush on paint job. If it's just a worker it doesn't look bad, but it does take a little work.

I saw a roll on where they mix it w/ something...I cant recall..but the aditive evaporates and makes the finish flat and smooth. They used Rust oleum paint in a can. Crazy stuff. Good for a work rig, def not for a show car.

I think Car Craft also did a story on this. And I wouldn't be opposed to it if it is as durable as a sprayed on finish.

I saw a roll on where they mix it w/ something...I cant recall..but the aditive evaporates and makes the finish flat and smooth. They used Rust oleum paint in a can. Crazy stuff. Good for a work rig, def not for a show car.

It's mixed with mineral spirits to thin the mix. I was suprised how well the paint job came out.

i think it was in hotrod mag or one of those mags article, your right though it looked good, but not show quality.

Back