Do you like your job?

turboscott

I hated going to work and dealing with the everyday bull*#@%. I was out of work on short-term disability for a couple months and discovered that I could make a nice living on the internet.

Does anyone else here work from home via the internet? Does anyone else want to? My most recent venture is selling web hosting services. There are dozens of companies out there that you can be a "reseller" for. I signed up with: https://www.securepaynet.net/gdshop/rhp/hottestreseller.asp?se=+&prog_id=329810&app_hdr

For as little as $99/ year you can sell all of their products. They give you the prices you pay, anything above that is your profit and you set the prices.

The best part is it is all residual income, meaning it keeps coming year after year as long as you retain your customers.

Most people think I am nuts but in just 3 months of working from home I am making a nice little income and it only gets nicer each month. Just thought I'd pass along the idea to anyone looking to get out of their current job and work for themselves. Not many places you can start your own business for as little as $99.

Anyone looking for more info feel free to send me an email at scottbianchi@hotmail.com. Make sure you put something about turbobuick.com in the subject so I don't confuse it with junk mail.

Mods might consider this spam, not sure.

Anyway, how much are you making on this deal? I could do it in my spare time........

Right now I am averaging $600/month pure profit. But, as you get more customers you make more money monthly, obviously. Did you check out the link?

I was concerned they'd consider it spam too but I am not actually promoting my own thing, I am just sharing the opportunity for anyone interested. Hopefully they will see it as informational rather than SPAM.

Send me an email if you have any other questions.

I hate my job but have been doing it for 25 years now. (Environmental Services Director in a skilled nursing home.) Gets pretty stressed out and depressing at the same time. But, it's all I know and they pay me pretty well and get 40 paid days off a year. Not too bad for a high school education.

Already making a decent extra income on the internet with my custom Buick parts business but as the years go on I am sure we will need to get into another market. You guys just aren't spending much lately. :(

Got to watch those internet get rich quick deals. Neighbor of mine got into an ATM deal. Had to put money up front to "rent" an ATM machine somewhere in Vegas and was making his money back for a few months so it looked like he would start turning a decent profit within 6 months or so. Then all of a sudden the company he was dealing with just up and disappeared! He ended up losing a few thousand $$$.

There is no question you have to watch out fo the SCAMS. There are tons of them out there. Those ATM deals are pretty costly if I remember correctly.

I have a total of $1000 into all of my websites and opportunities so far. I think if I stopped making money today it was a very low risk with such a huge potential for making money. I think it is a good risk to take.

BuickGn Boosted said:
You guys just aren't spending much lately. :(
That's because we are too busy paying for GAS!

Thread content:
My job isn't too bad. My pay isn't great, but my boss is 1000 miles away and doesn't know if I show up to work late from getting the 3yr old out the door in the morning. I live in a relatively peaceful town, and have a great group of 9 other engineers here in the office. Environmentally, it's a great place to work. Financially, it could be better.

In a word...NO! I get tired of incompetence and stupidity. That's why I am currently putting my foot in doors for a career change. Wife changing now and will be making fat money (just in time for the kids to spend on college). I was hoping to last 15 more years for the 2nd retirement, but looks like wifes position may work out better in the long run.(I knew there was another reason i married her :biggrin: ) Working for her Co. will pay good, but I sure could get used to hanging out at home all day!!

OMG

I was JUST thinking about posting a thread with this very title!

I was sitting on the can a little while ago thinking about life and how at 26 almost 27 ive never had a job I liked at all

and now Im looking at a drastic life change now that I'm getting out of the Marines in a month.

I've been paralyzed by indecision on what I'm going to do. I was wondering if its even possible to do a job that you like. It just seems like such a far fetched fantasy to me.

I've had it in my head what I want to do (get into the army to fly helicopters)

but I keep going back and forth

Honestly I have been a mess the past couple months

I'm typing this on about two hours of sleep which seems to be a regular occurance these days.

I know I can decide on something and be allright but thats the problem I dont want to do something where I feel like waking up in the morning is torture.

School seems pointless too, I can go for 4+ years and make what I'm making right now as an E5. I see it time and time again. How can someone find motivation to spend so much time for such a vague goal?

sorry guys im just venting

*edit

anyone looking to hire an aircraft mechanic specializing in hydraulics? I also have experience as a maintenance controller and the management of a tool room for aviation tools (around $500,000 in tools)

When I talk to my friends I hear all the same stuff. People don't like their job for the most part but they rationalize staying there for one reason or another. I always say, well couldn't you use some extra money and still stay at your job for now until you get your feet wet on-line? Bottom line is, they say no, they don't want to make any changes.

At 31 years old I was rushed to the hospital with chest pains. After numerous tests and 3 1/2 months of short term disability it was determined to be stress. While I was out I knew there had to be a better way to live life and I set out to find it.

There are dozens of things you can do from selling on eBay, developing a turbo Buick website, or whatever. There is money to be made on the internet.

If you hate your job or you just want an extra money why not give one of the options a try?

You don't need to do web hosting like I chose, although I see HUGE money in this market. It is estimated that there will be 500 million websites created by 2010. Even if you got 5000 of those over the next 5 years and average $100 profit for each you are now making a cool $500K a year. If you go with the link above they give you the website and everything. It takes you 10 minutes to get your site on the internet and that is just because you have to set your prices.

I won't be shocked if people do nothing with this information, my friends aren't so why would anyone else. :D

If anyone needs help chosing something to get into shoot me an email. I have plenty of research done in a bunch of different areas. I bet some people would like to become a retailer of aftermarket car performance parts for as little as $149 for the website. No inventory to carry or anything. I am crazy, right?

http://www.dropship-business.com/index.html?aid=138719

If you want to only sell on eBay it would be $99 and for your own site and to sell on eBay it would be $199.

I own my own business along with 2 other partners doing computer software application integration and consulting. I loved it the first few years but now one client is just beating us into the dirt. I hate waking up and coming to the office everyday of the week now, but I have to grin and bear it for now as I don't want to let my partners down. I have several other options in the works, but I bet none will pay off as much as the current business, but they will be alot less stressful.
I think my next venture will be a combination of alot of different things that I enjoy doing, none of which individually would keep me busy enough to make a living on so I will try to do several things at once. I'm tired of sitting at a desk all day, I want to be outside doing something, I enjoy working in my garage and building/welding/repairing/ and anything automotive, but that alone probably wouldn't make enough. Dream job would be working on custom cars and building customer cars, but thats a slow process and probably not much of a money maker if you're working for someone.

i like my job

elevator mechanic, it's gots it's up's and down's :biggrin: , but i love it and the pay is even better :D

I enjoy mine

but I kind of tired of being second guessed on my desicions. I work for a warehouse distributor. We sell to Muffler shops. I drive a Isuzu NPR out to the shops and sell what I can. My boss is 200 miles away so I set my own hours. I work five days. no weekends. I asked for more money and was told to sell more as I get a base and a percent of the gross. That prompted me to cut the hours down. I feel your pain 2QUIK6 with the customer draggin' you down. One of my perks is I set the route. It is my baby. Someone quits buying and their service gets cut. Diesel is over $2.50 a gallon and my time is money as they say. No sense in waisting either on prospects that may or may not buy. As Steve Miller would say "Take the money and run".

If you don't enjoy it I can't see continuing it. Life is too short to be miserable.

Rich

That internet thing is really interesting me. I mean for only 99 bucks I could still work at my current job and then make easy money on the side to use solely for the consumption of beer :cool:

Pablo said:
anyone looking to hire an aircraft mechanic specializing in hydraulics? I also have experience as a maintenance controller and the management of a tool room for aviation tools (around $500,000 in tools)

Pablo, if I were you, I think I'd at least try for the Army Helicopter Pilot.

A Pilot with a mechanic background could pretty much go anywhere in the world when you got out. The pay wouldn't be the highest unless you go where no one else wants to, but you would enjoy going to work every day.

You'd also be getting out at the same time all of the Viet Nam era pilots will be in their 60's and retiring.

If that doesn't work out, there are lots third party maintenance shops fixing and modding aircraft, now that the airlines are sending the work out. The only drawback is they are in garden spots like Roswell NM (at least its cheap).

Aerospace is picking up and 2006 looks to be as bigger than Pre 9/11 even with record fuel prices. The old timers are all retiring there, too and there isn't enough young people going into Aerospace (the last 5 years have sucked) to replace them.

I really like my job (Turbine repair development engineer) and I make a bunch of money off the internet selling Power Wheels CD's. My job gives me a challenge and the ability to use my brain plus a steady paycheck and good benifits. The internet provides a way to make additional money for very little effort and have fun with my son.

If you find something you are good at, the money usually works itself out.

Pablo said:
*edit

I'm guessing you're stationed at Pendelton? If you're interested I can ask my supervisor if they're still hiring acft mechanics for MH-53E depot maintenance here at North Island NAS where I work. I work mostly with ex-Marines and I know at least 2 of our mechs were hydraulics troops in the Marines.

PM me if you like and I'll find out for you.

Pablo said:
OMG

I was JUST thinking about posting a thread with this very title!

I was sitting on the can a little while ago thinking about life and how at 26 almost 27 ive never had a job I liked at all

and now Im looking at a drastic life change now that I'm getting out of the Marines in a month.

I've been paralyzed by indecision on what I'm going to do. I was wondering if its even possible to do a job that you like. It just seems like such a far fetched fantasy to me.

I've had it in my head what I want to do (get into the army to fly helicopters)

but I keep going back and forth

Honestly I have been a mess the past couple months

I'm typing this on about two hours of sleep which seems to be a regular occurance these days.

I know I can decide on something and be allright but thats the problem I dont want to do something where I feel like waking up in the morning is torture.

School seems pointless too, I can go for 4+ years and make what I'm making right now as an E5. I see it time and time again. How can someone find motivation to spend so much time for such a vague goal?

sorry guys im just venting

*edit

anyone looking to hire an aircraft mechanic specializing in hydraulics? I also have experience as a maintenance controller and the room for aviation tools (around $500,000 in tools)

pablo, keep in mind to be an army helicopter pilot you have to sign up for a min of 8 years :eek:

Another thing for you to think about Pablo is working for a company like FedEx at one of their airport hubs. I work there and we have aircraft mechanics that used to be in the Air force working here. They have a very easy job and FedEx offers great benefits. Really all they have to do is come out of the office when the plane arrives check it over for holes or damage, tie down the nose gear and fix anything if it needs it (rarely). Dont know if it would be something you would enjoy doing everyday though.

I'll say that I enjoy the challenge of my job, but the office politics and could use more $$$. I'm a mainframe systems programmer in a medium size shop (1000+ mips). I've done just about everything here, operations, operations support, applications programmer, security, new technology r&d, now this. Funny thing is that the company sent me to school where I got a Network Engineering degree plus a bunch of certs (Cisco, Microsoft, etc.) and was not allowed to work in that area due to one certain manager. Ahhhh the joys of office politics, so I was made a systems programmer with the explanation of "We don't want to lose all your years of mainframe experience". What a bunch of BS, I mean the company spent $30K and I don't get to use it because that area's manager thinks I'm a smart a$$, WTF? Oh well, the company just agreed to send me to graduate school (another $35K) and did not make me sign a contract. I'll start in July working on my Masters in MIS :p .
John

I work for myself...I got tired of making someone else money real early. I got 'laid off' from my job right before new years. Said screw it and started doing my own thing. At 22, i'm doing pretty. Most kids my age still have mommy and daddy paying for everything...or have huge student loan debt..I could make more but id rather live a low stress, do what i want lifestyle...i honestly work about 10 hours a week...heh..I work out of my home and my # transfers to the cell phone. I do spend alot of time on the phone but oh well. I hope you guys the best with whatever it is you do. Life is too short to be at work all the damn time.

www.profilesigns.com

wants a tr said:
I work for myself...I got tired of making someone else money real early. I got 'laid off' from my job right before new years. Said screw it and started doing my own thing. At 22, i'm doing pretty. Most kids my age still have mommy and daddy paying for everything...or have huge student loan debt..I could make more but id rather live a low stress, do what i want lifestyle...i honestly work about 10 hours a week...heh..I work out of my home and my # transfers to the cell phone. I do spend alot of time on the phone but oh well. I hope you guys the best with whatever it is you do. Life is too short to be at work all the damn time.

www.profilesigns.com

See, this is exactly what I am talking about. It is totally possible to make a nice living doing something you like and still enjoying your life.

What do you do to get traffic to your website? Do you rank high on the search engines? Do you run the website or does someone else do it for you.

I am glad to hear there are people out there that actually like their jobs. I have gotten a few emails from fellow board members and hopefully I can help them out.