Do you think this was excessive force?

I just read online that the girl in the pink shirt apologized to the cop.

I think everyone needs to realize how quick a situation like that can go from bad to worse. You should see the videos they show you in training. People go from smiling to pulling out guns in two seconds flat. I know she was just a girl, but as soon as you treat a potential threat as a "just a", you're opening yourself up to a ride in a pine taxi.

I just read online that the girl in the pink shirt apologized to the cop.

I think everyone needs to realize how quick a situation like that can go from bad to worse. You should see the videos they show you in training. People go from smiling to pulling out guns in two seconds flat. I know she was just a girl, but as soon as you treat a potential threat as a "just a", you're opening yourself up to a ride in a pine taxi.

I heard about that on the Ron and Don Show...

don't be a dumb ass and you wont get punched in the face. simple. I don't like dumb people. he was trying to do his job she probably doesn't have one. if she dose she isn't good at it.

Im normally the first to jump in and say the cop was wrong,but in this instance the beatch deserved what she got...He was surrounded by people not obeying him and then they started tugging and pushing him which as far as I know is illegal(touch or strike)...She acted like a animal and got treated like one...

I guess Al told her that she was in deep doodoo and the police would come across as insensitive azzwholes if they didn't lower or drop the charges against a tearful, innocent young lady after she professed her sorrow for her actions.

The prosecutor is a candy ass that should have charged her with assaulting a police officer. Make an example of those that break the law and attempt to use the media to their advantage. That will be quite a deterrent to others.

IDK guys...I still think the girl was wrong for acting out and being irrational. It's good she apologized. As far as my comment about the cops in Oakland...you can believe that they are a little bit nicer to the public living in "certain" neighborhoods. The amount of respect that cops show to "hood" folks in California has changed over the years because the police got tired of burying their own. I still think the cop was wrong for punching like beeezeee and should have used his taser or pepper spray. Let's just say that the girl was a super natural Zena warrior princess crazed Grace Jones in Conan the Barbarian big as Lisa Leslie swings her arm like Serena Williams and was as cold as the chick from Underworld....he probably would have lost that skirmish resulting in shots fired. Wait a minute...I have a cousin that big :D