do you think you would win a fight against a ape?

All I know is I had a tussle with a wounded cat. Thick leather welding gloves and the bite was so hard I panicked. Her feet and piss were flying everywhere, the screaming...

I dont mess with cats anymore.

No chance.
chimp attack1.jpg
chimp attack2.jpg

Those vicious damn things. Everyone should have a load of #6 birdshot or at least rock salt unloaded in their asses!

*****I took a comparative anatomy class in grad school and there was a huge emphasis on non human primates (basically chimps, apes, etc..) and humans. One of the videos we were shown was of a 200lbs weight lifter curling about 135 lbs on a standard olympic bar with two 45 lbs plates on each side. He was a strong guy and managed perhaps 8 reps before petering out. An 80 lbs chimpanzee was watching and after the guy put the bar down the chimp walked over and rolled it a little bit then literally winged the thing easily 10-15 feet with ONE hand. Crazy strong. Another video was of a guy deadlifting like 500 lbs for a rep or two and a smallish 200 lbs gorilla (they can get to 300-500 lbs) just lifts the weight over his head and back down then starts deadlifting and slamming the weight down easily 20 times without breaking a sweat before just getting bored and ambling away.

As someone mentioned, a pretty strong guy might be able to pull 200 lbs in an explosive movement with one arm, but an 90 lbs chimp will yank 1000 lbs which is why they can swing from trees and literally pull themselves up with one hand (heck, one finger..) like it's nothing. If you look at muscle insertion points and understand physics you can see why chimps and apes walk with sorta curled arms and legs: the insertion points on their arms and legs are mechanically *much* more favorable from a physics perspective than any human. Whereas a human biceps tendon might insert 1/2 inch into a forearm bone, the equivalent on a chimp is like 1.5-2 inches - a *HUGE* advantage at the expense of being able to walk upright or have the endurance to do certain exercises over a long period of time. Mostly super high tension fast twitch muscles with lots of reinforcements and thicker tendons and ligaments for their sizes. Basically white fiber fast twitch muscle with lots of anaerobic potential.

There's a video of a guy who breaks into a zoo and tries to smack around a gorilla, who is clearly scared and just sitting on it's haunches just looking down. The gorilla just grabs the guy and literally throws him up against the wall like a rag doll. I think the video is from a zoo in China as the subtitles are Asian. The Darwin award winner guy gets off lucky with just a dislocated shoulder and broken ribs/arm. He was lucky the gorilla didn't just really take him apart as they have been known to castrate and bite off fingers, feet, noses, etc...

I got to pet and play with a smallish 40 lbs chimp in our class and it was very friendly and docile. It was very curious and liked hanging out with people. It liked getting piggy back rides and climbing on people and trying to mimic movements it saw. Really cool. I can imagine in the wild they are not so docile and pissed off would no doubt mess you up!!!

*****I took a comparative anatomy class in grad school and there was a huge emphasis on non human primates (basically chimps, apes, etc..) and humans. One of the videos we were shown was of a 200lbs weight lifter curling about 135 lbs on a standard olympic bar with two 45 lbs plates on each side. He was a strong guy and managed perhaps 8 reps before petering out. An 80 lbs chimpanzee was watching and after the guy put the bar down the chimp walked over and rolled it a little bit then literally winged the thing easily 10-15 feet with ONE hand. Crazy strong. Another video was of a guy deadlifting like 500 lbs for a rep or two and a smallish 200 lbs gorilla (they can get to 300-500 lbs) just lifts the weight over his head and back down then starts deadlifting and slamming the weight down easily 20 times without breaking a sweat before just getting bored and ambling away.

As someone mentioned, a pretty strong guy might be able to pull 200 lbs in an explosive movement with one arm, but an 90 lbs chimp will yank 1000 lbs which is why they can swing from trees and literally pull themselves up with one hand (heck, one finger..) like it's nothing. If you look at muscle insertion points and understand physics you can see why chimps and apes walk with sorta curled arms and legs: the insertion points on their arms and legs are mechanically *much* more favorable from a physics perspective than any human. Whereas a human biceps tendon might insert 1/2 inch into a forearm bone, the equivalent on a chimp is like 1.5-2 inches - a *HUGE* advantage at the expense of being able to walk upright or have the endurance to do certain exercises over a long period of time. Mostly super high tension fast twitch muscles with lots of reinforcements and thicker tendons and ligaments for their sizes. Basically white fiber fast twitch muscle with lots of anaerobic potential.

There's a video of a guy who breaks into a zoo and tries to smack around a gorilla, who is clearly scared and just sitting on it's haunches just looking down. The gorilla just grabs the guy and literally throws him up against the wall like a rag doll. I think the video is from a zoo in China as the subtitles are Asian. The Darwin award winner guy gets off lucky with just a dislocated shoulder and broken ribs/arm. He was lucky the gorilla didn't just really take him apart as they have been known to castrate and bite off fingers, feet, noses, etc...

I got to pet and play with a smallish 40 lbs chimp in our class and it was very friendly and docile. It was very curious and liked hanging out with people. It liked getting piggy back rides and climbing on people and trying to mimic movements it saw. Really cool. I can imagine in the wild they are not so docile and pissed off would no doubt mess you up!!!

Read an article once about chimps, monkeys, whatever got out and attacked a guy and their instinct is to bite off the tally wacker of the attackee. They do it to others of their spices to have less competition for the females. Just writing that gave me the heebie jeebies.