You can type here any text you want

Does anyone still make an under dash LIC?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEARING

OR if anyone knows roughly the dimensions of what will fit.

Thanks.

I haven't personally had an underdash "LIC" since highschool. Girls don't want to do that when they get older.

Originally posted by Mac in SD
I haven't personally had an underdash "LIC" since highschool. Girls don't want to do that when they get older.

LOL!

I am starting my install tomorrow on my Liquid. It's a PTE 1800 and I can say it's too big to fit entirely under the dash. I have the intercooler slid all the way under the dash to the point where the inlet and outlet is bumping the a/c block off plate. I still have about a foot of i/c sticking out under the dash in the passenger floor board. It would just about fit if one of the tanks had a side inlet instead of both being on top. I am at work so I can't get you any dimensions of what it measures. The smaller 800-1100hp core would fit with no problem though if your not planning on making much over 1000.

I'll get some pics of it once it's done and get someone to post them for anyone who might want to put their's under the dash.

I want pics!!!

I'll get some soon. I have made some more progress. The crossover and downpipe is done. The charge tubes is all that's left to do, except the wastegate piping but that's easy. That is if my newgen flanges ever come in from Turbonetics. I hope to knock out the charge tubes this week but it could be early next week depending on how well it goes.

Originally posted by Dusty Bradford
I am starting my install tomorrow on my Liquid. It's a PTE 1800 and I can say it's too big to fit entirely under the dash. I have the intercooler slid all the way under the dash to the point where the inlet and outlet is bumping the a/c block off plate. I still have about a foot of i/c sticking out under the dash in the passenger floor board. It would just about fit if one of the tanks had a side inlet instead of both being on top. I am at work so I can't get you any dimensions of what it measures. The smaller 800-1100hp core would fit with no problem though if your not planning on making much over 1000.

I'll get some pics of it once it's done and get someone to post them for anyone who might want to put their's under the dash.

How much $$ did the PTE 1800 set you back?

I'll make sure to get some pics when it's done.

I bought it off an outlaw 10.5 car for $1600. If you watch sites like turbomustangs, outlawracing, racingjunk sometimes they come up between 1200-1600. Since I bought mine I have seen a couple more pop up but none lately. A lot of the guys outgrow them and upgrade to the large ones that sit in the passenger seat area.

The guy helping me with the pipes builds intercoolers for young's performance and has built several for the outlaw cars out of his home shop on the side. I'll ask him what he gets for one, I'm sure it will be cheaper than new but I don't know how much.

I spent quite a bit of time trying to locate an IC to fit in my small envelope of space I had available. Eventually, I went and made my own hybrid FMIC come liquid unit.

1zucyd

1zud0y

I may not be moving the air that you are but this works pretty good. Take a look at available core thickness if you consider doing what I did. You can spread out that thick core you've got there to something a bit thinner by increasing the area available. You're going to have to slow the air down enough to get the temperature drop. My MAT sensor is in the 90º bend going up to the throttle body (top bend). I log 60º F before the run to 100º at the end of the quarter. I know that could be improved upon but that's the penalty I paid to hide the whole thing.

1zudc7

You can see it poking out under the dash.

I simply boxed a KB Big Boy (later unit) FMIC with aluminum. I added a -10 fitting to the bottom of the unit and the water exits at the top opposite corner. The water must pass through the core in the flow path. I scavenged some 3" IC elbows from semi IC's at a local salvage yard. They I made the box for the IC and had it all welded up. I have a pump pushing water to the IC and one at the top sucking water out. It pisses out a stream full bore into the water tank.

1zudft

You can see my water tank behind the driver's seat. The opening is big enough to drop a bag of ice in, no fumbling to load the tank for me, thank you very much. Including the IC, lines, pumps and resevoir, the system holds ~7-8 gallon of water and ice. I put 2½ bags of ice in each pass and have a small amount left after each run. I'm seriously considering buying a cheap commercial ice machine. I go through 10-15 bags of ice a day. It does use quite a bit more ice on hot days but the air temp going into the motor stays very consistent regardless of the ambient air temp.

Nearing

I should have a few pics available tomorrow if you still want them. My V-bands never made it in but I did get it mounted to the roll bar.

Dusty,

Thanks for the pictures. You can work on my junk anyday!

I have the finished pictures of the in-dash install if someone can host them. I can send them tonight.

Back