Does this look right? (TH350 Help)

SBCregal

Alright guys, its a rainy and cold Sunday, So I decided to depress myself, and take apart my problematic transmission...(TH350 Question)

I heeded the advise of checking out the internal linkage, and when I ripped the pan off, I saw trouble.
PIC-0120.jpg

The "S" hook that my sausage finger is pointing at was completely off of the shaft, but still hooked up to the linkage. And the linkage itself was as loose as my ex. Upon further investigation, the nut that holds the "selector" snugly up to the shaft was the cause. It was almost 1/2 backed off of the shaft.

nut.JPG

As I said in my previous thread, the car had foward movement at all times, no matter if you had the shifter in park, neutral, reverse. And it would not shift out of first. And when I dropped the pan the shaft was in this position.

PIC-0122.jpg

Now I'm just taking a shot in the dark, but in this position, the valve body would be routed for 1st gear, correct?...

So, from what you guys are seeing, does everything seem to look the way it should? I put it together the only way I saw fit. And do you guys think the transmission may have been hurt from this? And is there anyway to see if the transmission is in proper working order before I throw the heavy pig back into the car? Thanks again for your help, guys.

It looks fine. If it didn't slip when it was stuck in first gear,
I'd replace the front and rear seals and install it.