You can type here any text you want

Donated Timing Cover....lots of pics...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well the proof would have to be in the outcome. I've seen quite a few of these used and well used covers. Mine is somewere in the very good catagory.

I replaced one that was in better condition. Mike

Even with the wear you see, it was getting 10-psi hot@1100rpms, 60psi@ cold idle. Mike, if you replaced yours, were you getting those type of readings?

I opened up booth the high pressure feed and the oil pan feed to .500" from it's meezly .469". Earls 'hole', which does the same job as the booster plate, was also included.

All that KB clutter from before will not be used. :smile:

That's the genius behind Earl's mods. All that other crap is out. The rule of K.I.S.S. is achieved. And it's a much simpler concept.

I love reading other peoples DIY mods (even if I inspired them :) )

You are a BRAVE man! There's no way I would have ran that cover as I've junked way nicer looking ones! It does show how some time and effort can pay off though. (I would like to see a little more at idle though. Try removing the gasket under the 1" nut that holds the spring down and see if that does anything)

I love reading other peoples DIY mods (even if I inspired them :) )

You are a BRAVE man! There's no way I would have ran that cover as I've junked way nicer looking ones! It does show how some time and effort can pay off though. (I would like to see a little more at idle though. Try removing the gasket under the 1" nut that holds the spring down and see if that does anything)

Hey waws' up Earl...

First off....I am not worthy....I am not worthy...Lol! :biggrin:
The removal of the gasket would only bring a minor leak....

It was worst after I removed all the KB stuff. Even with the new adapter.
Put back the booster plate and it came back to those figures up above with no pressure increases at idle. Not much differance at all from my original readings. Except that I'm not getting 60psi cold anymore, at best 45. (That, I guess was attributed to the longer KB gears).

Yep, this cover is too old and well used. But at best one can still use one this well traveled and get more life out of it. That is if you use the booster plate. The EB mods won't benefit a cover this old at all. :D

I've still got to make a trip to a local yard so I may be able to find a few decent ones Freddie. I was supposed to go this past weekend but it didn't happen. When I do go I'll see what I can find and offer them up.

When shopping for decent used covers, what are the target vehicles to look for at the wrecking yards?

Back