Don't Buy the Rockauto.com ACDelco ICM

If the napa stores around town here were closer to me and had longer hours of being open, i might of given that one a try. But they don't always have stuff in stock and i had went with what had worked for me in the past that wasn't overly expensive that was readily available in town. I am sure that echlin is a good alternative brand ICM that's lighter on the wallet, just a matter of time when the options dwindle down to very slim choices and the TR6 brand ICM option ends up being possibly the only quality one left for our cars.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Many years ago my GN quit and I rolled into a gas station lot. Got a ride to AutoZone and bought a module which turned out to be a Wells brand. The car started but seemed like it was running on three cylinders. Went back, exchanged it and got the same result. Tried a third and got pissed. Got a refund and went to NAPA and wound up with an Echlin brand module. Worked like a champ for years until the car got swiped.

I just looked it up on napaonline.com. Part number TP400; reg. $219, on sale for $197.10. :greedy:
I've seen a brand new Echlin suck the big one right out of the box. I've also seen the same results as Mike when testing aftermarket modules. They are garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess depending on what the owner is doing with their TR performance level wise and their budget is gonna dictate if they decide to spend the money for a TR6 ICM or decide to just hope one of the aftermarket brand ICM's work for them if they can't find an oem ICM to keep their TR going.
Kind of a crapshoot these days i suppose, catch 22'd either way. Gonna spend a bit of money now on a tr6 or over time spend money if the ICM acts up causing to go get replacements every so often.
The perks of being different from everyone else, but a blast to drive also.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app