You can type here any text you want

Don't let wife drive your GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

daves87gn

This happened a few years back, when I first got the GN, I drove it to work (Los Angeles) one day and ended up having to go switch car with wife as I needed to go on one hell of a drive. I got a call and to go see client in Bakersfield, then half hour later got another call have to go to Oxnard to (about a 6 hr round trip total) go see business partner to get paper work she pick up from another client. I called wife to come get GN and bring her little 4 banger as gas was above $4 bucks a gallon at the time, and half hour later get a call from her, this is how it went.

Her: promise you won’t get mad
Me: what happened (all I could think is this fu*kn b!tch just wrecked my car)
Her: promise you won’t get mad
Me: I can promise I won’t but might not keep it, what happened
Her: well on the way home I was at a red light and a Integra pulled up next to me revving his engine
Me: ok
Her: he keep revving his engine
Me: ok, don’t get it why would I be mad. Get to the point!
Her: well, when the light turned green, you promised you wouldn’t get mad,
Me: WHAT HAPPENED!!!
Her: I punched it
Me: ok what happened
Her: well the car started to (her words) peel rubber, and it took off fast
Me: OK
Her: and and I just stepped on the gas all the way.
Me: OK, get to the point
Her: you’re not mad
Me: not yet, WHAT HAPPENED!!!
Her: I beat him bad real bad
Me: ok, then what happened (still thinking the worst, cops saw and impounded the GN or wrecked)
Her: your not MAD
Me: you won right why would I be mad? now if you would have lost to a Integra I would’ve been pissed
Her: ok, well you should have seen the look on his face when I rolled down the window (limo tint all the way around and light
tint on windshield) and he saw he got beat by a girl! His friend in passenger seat could not stop laughing.
Me: (after finally being able to relax) I said good job babe…
Her: he was so embarrassed he just turned

She’ll race it

Been there done that. My wife got to learn to handle the car and LOVES to show people what can happen when they tangle with the Buick. She also learned to keep an eye out so SHE didn't get MY car impounded by being foolish with police around. :D

SHE didn't get MY car impounded by being foolish with police around

So... you did? Elaborate;)

My wife has driven the GN some, don't think she's ever gotten into boost though, says everyone is very surprised to see a woman driving it:D

I have never been busted in my GN. She never got so much as a look from the cops after they realized a guy wasn't driving. She used to take it to work every Thursday and I would drive it on Fridays. All the guys she worked with would offer her everything under the sun for that car. Sex, other cars, cash, THEIR WIVES, and their kids. I told her "take the cash as a non-refundable deposit" just for looking at the car. They even asked her "can it do a burnout". She drove it when the boost was just 18psi. I took one guy for a ride and roasted the tires for him at 65 on I-25 (when I had the street tires) right under the Lohman exit. He had never seen anything like that before. LOVE that car. Way too much fun.

Good story!

My wife borrowed the T once to go shopping while I was working on her car.
She got frustrated with someone on a two lane and punched it to pass. Scared her silly and now she won't drive it.

She loves driving the 67 Caddy and the Stage 1 though. In fact she used to drive the Stage to work as her daily driver when we lived in Miami. It was safer at work than at home (covered, reserved parking in secured lot while the bosses had Porsches all around her).

Mikey

I'm in a sleepy little town called Chapeco in southern Brazil and bored silly.

I logged on to check in on you guys to make sure there's still some killing going on in my absense.
That's a great story!:D
I'd love to get a call like that from my wife.

I let my wife drive my Camaro once and she'd be stuffing it into 5th gear at like 30 mph. Drove me nnnnnnnnuts!!!
I kept telling her she needs to wind it up and let it breath....she was too intimidated by the big block sound and wouldn't give it any throttle. She hasn't wanted to drive it again, other than just talking about it. She's also been in the car when I've lit the tires off all the way through 3rd gear.....

She's driven the GN a few times too. She's less intimidated by it since it's so quiet compared to the Camaro but also is afraid to give it any more than mild throttle after I've given her more than one demonstration on what it'll do if she does turn up the volume.

I'm a lucky guy, she works for a toy company that makes diecast cars, you probably seen them at Target or Wal-Mart, she would love driving it to work when we first got it just to see the look on the guys faces when they asked who's GN and she said MINE. She works with almost nothing but guys but when it comes to NASCAR or American muscle she seems to be the resident expert. She was on my ass to finish our 69 z/28 so you could drive off in at our wedding, and pissed when it didn’t happen, cried her ass off when we walked out of the church and she seen a 55 Nomad waiting for us, her third favorite car of all time behind 69 chevelle and 67 A/C cobra which she swears she’ll have one day. oh yah she's not afraid to bend the floor board with the gas petal:biggrin:

I'm a lucky guy, she works for a toy company that makes diecast cars, you probably seen them at Target or Wal-Mart, she would love driving it to work when we first got it just to see the look on the guys faces when they asked who's GN and she said MINE. She works with almost nothing but guys but when it comes to NASCAR or American muscle she seems to be the resident expert. She was on my ass to finish our 69 z/28 so you could drive off in at our wedding, and pissed when it didn’t happen, cried her ass off when we walked out of the church and she seen a 55 Nomad waiting for us, her third favorite car of all time behind 69 chevelle and 67 A/C cobra which she swears she’ll have one day. oh yah she's not afraid to bend the floor board with the gas petal:biggrin:

Does she have a sister?:biggrin:

Someone on this board has the reason not to let your wife drive your GN in their signature.

Back