You can type here any text you want

Dont Trust Buckys Muffler and Radiator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
DONT TRUST BUCKYS RADIATOR AND MUFFLER:mad::mad:... When I took my car in for thier free cooling system inspection, more problems showed up than what I came in with. I knew my exhause system was in pieces and was already F****d up, but how did the Timing Gear cover have a "massive rusted hole?" My car was running and driving fine before I took it in, and now it Pisses out water and coolant (I believed that they Chiselsed it). They saw that I was willing to spend the money the car is worth, and took me for a sucker and sabotaged my car, and the price of repair skyrocketed from a free basic inspection to around 1500 to replace the timing cover, chain, and gasket, water pump, and an extra 700 dollars to replace the exhaust system at a discount... maybe they didnt screw it up, but made it worse. all in alll, around a 2300 dollar fix... and i called Austin Promax performance, and they would only charge me 425 dollars to replace my timing gear cover with the one I bought and replace seals, and a chain... and they are reputible:biggrin: So if your car needs repairs and you cant do it yourself... take your TB somewhere good, and not a shadetree place like Buckys that has a BBB certificate only for 1998.:)

Thank You Promax Performance (dont forget about the G-body car meet @ pt.defiance.)

I hope you didn't have bucky's do the work if that's what they were going to charge....I would have done it for a case of beer....:cool:

You do realize that "Buckys" is named for "Bucky Austin". As in "Austins Promax". So either way, you're paying the same guy. Just do it yourself.

I've never seen aluminum rust :confused:. Let this be a lesson well learned. I got screwed when I was a little younger, but then I got an education for cars and can smell the BS a mile away. When you take the car to a shop ask them to show you the problems. And if they show you oil leaks just have them clean it off with brake clean and say "i'll keep an eye on it", some places have squirted oil on struts and shocks to screw the customers over :rolleyes:.

Bucky's charged me for some brake repairs that I later found out were not related to the problem I had and wanted them to fix some years ago. I will never use them again even though I realize service varies from different locations of the same company.
Conversely, Pat Austin, Bucky's cousin who also raced alcohol funny car, is a class guy and I have used his shop in Tacoma with good results. I installed a Kenne-Bell supercharger kit on a Jeep Grand Cherokee and Pat Austin helped check out my installation without charging me.

thanks for the info... I need to got to mechanics school... as soon as I am finished with autobody... anyone want thier cars painted:confused:

thanks for the info... I need to got to mechanics school... as soon as I am finished with autobody... anyone want thier cars painted:confused:

Well............... MANY, MANY shops will screw folks that just have a limited knowledge of their car. I could tell you stories about the kind of crap they pull. If you need help, Speedway Automotive Repair is THE place to take your car locally. They are in Everett and will treat you like a REAL person and not take you to the cleaners. Ya, you get what you pay for. Good workmanship is worth the money.

If you need a paint project, I have a T-Type that NEEDS a good body/paint guy. Mechanical work will GLADLY be traded. If you can REALLY do a nice job, I will happily build you a serious engine. PM me and we can talk about your options.
If you need work, and I am not available, contact Dan at Speedway Automotive Repair in Everett. He IS a great guy to deal with. He's GOOD..........But,......... I am better.;):biggrin: (a long standing joke between us. He'll say the same about me. Good guy, really.)
PM me for my number.
Ken

Well............... MANY, MANY shops will screw folks that just have a limited knowledge of their car. I could tell you stories about the kind of crap they pull. If you need help, Speedway Automotive Repair is THE place to take your car locally. They are in Everett and will treat you like a REAL person and not take you to the cleaners. Ya, you get what you pay for. Good workmanship is worth the money.

If you need a paint project, I have a T-Type that NEEDS a good body/paint guy. Mechanical work will GLADLY be traded. If you can REALLY do a nice job, I will happily build you a serious engine. PM me and we can talk about your options.
If you need work, and I am not available, contact Dan at Speedway Automotive Repair in Everett. He IS a great guy to deal with. He's GOOD..........But,......... I am better.;):biggrin: (a long standing joke between us. He'll say the same about me. Good guy, really.)
PM me for my number.
Ken

I gotta think about it... what year is your car? I have an 83 t-type that has a hole in the timing gear cover and WONT make it far, and could due to its age could probalby use a rebuild even though it was running fine before. I take auto body and must remember I AM A STUDENT, so not only is there a possibility that mistakes may occur, I have classes in the afternoon, and dont get back to the shop until cleanup. my teacher also doest accept just paint jobs, some form of bodywork and related areas must be a factor as well ie R&R, bodywork, bondo, metalwork, welding, ect.

Back