You can type here any text you want

Drag radials for 16" wheels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike

Money pit
I have some widened GTA wheels on the rear and I am trying to look for the widest 26" DR's that I can find for them. I just sold my Convo Pros to get money to buy the Toyo Proxes 295/45/16's but they look to be discontinued. :( I have the M&H 275/55/16's but they are too tall. Is there anything bigger than 255/50 right now?

i have the m&h's and they fit great. do they rub,or you just dont like how tall they are? my car is stock style suspension with stock gta's on alum drums

They fit fine, but just look kind of dumb on widened GTA rims. They are 28" (275/55/16) and I really prefer the look of the 26" tire over the raked look with these rims. Since my rims were widened to 8.5", the 295/45/16 Toyos would have fit really well and were 16". All I see now is 255/50/16 available.

I decided to order these from Tire Rack. Once I get them on and get my suspension dialed in, i will do a review.

how were the tires, I have been thinking about ordering them, how well did they perform on the street?

I have the toyo 275's on stock width gta wheels, I like them. They run kinda narrow, I replaced a set of 255's of another brand with them and the mounted width and profile is almost identical. I have a set of 275/55/15 et streets mounted on 9" wheels for track duty and the tread is almost a full inch wider (not due to the increased rim width, the tread is just physically wider). They would probably look a tad better on your widened gta's, I too was bummed out they stopped making the 295's, I was planning on getting the rims you have and going with those tires. Grip is awesome, and I have about 3500 street miles on em and theyre holding up nicely. No track time on them but if aired down a little they should stick well. Sucks there arent many options for rubber in this size

I have the toyo 275's on stock width gta wheels, I like them. They run kinda narrow, I replaced a set of 255's of another brand with them and the mounted width and profile is almost identical. I have a set of 275/55/15 et streets mounted on 9" wheels for track duty and the tread is almost a full inch wider (not due to the increased rim width, the tread is just physically wider). They would probably look a tad better on your widened gta's, I too was bummed out they stopped making the 295's, I was planning on getting the rims you have and going with those tires. Grip is awesome, and I have about 3500 street miles on em and theyre holding up nicely. No track time on them but if aired down a little they should stick well. Sucks there arent many options for rubber in this size

I have never had so much trouble finding tires.... my only options are these nitro or 300$ Hooisers

I hear ya, makes you think twice every time you boot it!! I definately recommend them, I was just a little let down in the cosmetic department because I wanted them wide. I used to blow old the tires off on the street even at 45mph (255 wide cooper cobras iirc, dont think they make em anymore) but these things stick nice-same conditions and they spin a revolution or 2 then chirp and dig in hard.

Pm me your email and I'll send you some pics tonight if you want. I hqve yet to post a pic here, im not too forum-savvy hahaha.

I ran the 26-11.50-16 et streets w/tube
Loved them

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back