You can type here any text you want

Drag radials - which rims should I use? - Help me decide

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which tire / rim combo for drag radials?

• Convo Pro 7.5" wide rears with 275/50/15" DR's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BuickMike

Money pit
I have a set of GTA wheels and a set of 15" Convo Pros. My rear GTA wheels are widened to 8.5". My rear Convo Pros are only 7.5". I was planning on keeping both sets of wheels. One for the road and one for drag, but I don't drive the GN that much and I can smoke the the Kumho 255/50/16's street tires from a 70mph roll. :eek: I'm thinking to sell the Convo Pros and get some Toyo Proxes drag raials (175/45/16) on the rear and use those universally.....or take it easy on the street and put some M/T 275/50/15 DR's on the rear of the Convo Pros when I want to have fun. Looking for opinions.

How about the m/t 3794R ET-street radial P295/50R16 27.7"dia. 10.8 tread width. They will fit the 8.5"rims.

How about the m/t 3794R ET-street radial P295/50R16 27.7"dia. 10.8 tread width. They will fit the 8.5"rims.
Too tall. I really want to stick with a 26" tire. I have some M&H 275/55/16's and they look dumb and are too tall. Now that I have a chip with WOT lockup (I have a 5 disc converter, it can handle it) I don't need a oversized tire like that. I've seen the Toyo's on a 8" rim and they look fine. 8.5" will be perfect for them. They seem to be a good compromise between the stickyness of the M/T's and the street manners / longevity of the Nittos.

BuickMike your combo is almost identical to mine, except I'm running a GT6131E. Also, my injectors are only 42lb. which I've learned are undersized for my combo, but I'm switching in some 60s in the coming weeks. And I have the same problem in my street tires. :cool:

Too tall. I really want to stick with a 26" tire. I have some M&H 275/55/16's and they look dumb and are too tall. Now that I have a chip with WOT lockup (I have a 5 disc converter, it can handle it) I don't need a oversized tire like that. I've seen the Toyo's on a 8" rim and they look fine. 8.5" will be perfect for them. They seem to be a good compromise between the stickyness of the M/T's and the street manners / longevity of the Nittos.
I understand, longevity is not m/t's strong point.

BuickMike your combo is almost identical to mine, except I'm running a GT6131E. Also, my injectors are only 42lb. which I've learned are undersized for my combo, but I'm switching in some 60s in the coming weeks. And I have the same problem in my street tires. :cool:

60's are appropriate unless you ever want to go E85. I wanted 80's, but I got a smokin deal on the 60's.

Back