Driver seat question

imjoesnuffy

I just break stuff!
I have a GN that has a power seat. I am the only who drives my car, I never change the seat position and was thinking of the weight savings.

I pulled a manual seat track and everything attached to the bottom of a seat on a G-Body at a junk yard a while back. Is this useable? What have I not taken into consideration? Seat height issues? What if anything am I missing? Don't want to take this apart if I am missing something or not taken something into consideration.

Thanks for any insight offered..

I did this when my power seat stopped working. Everything works, just remember that the seat will not go back quite as far as the power 1 does. Somebody else may chime in, but that is what i found out after the swap. (Seems as if i sit a little higher now too, but not totally sure on that 1).

Thanks for the responses. Head room shouldn't be much of a concern. I'm 5'9" so I shouldn't have any headroom issues. My seat works fine, just thinking of the weight savings. How much does the power seat weigh?

Hey John, I have always been told that the manual seat sits lower in the car so it would depend on your preference.

I pulled power seat out of my astroroof car and swapped to manual. No problem. Power seat rack is something like 18lbs according to my bathroom scale.

I bought a GN recently with manual seat it always felt like i was sitting higher.
After swapping to a power seat it feels much like my old car. Yes there is a difference.

I bought a GN recently with manual seat it always felt like i was sitting higher.
After swapping to a power seat it feels much like my old car. Yes there is a difference.

Thats interesting. Im actually trying to find a power seat track now because I wanted to be able to adjust the seat higher. if you're saying the power track wont go as high as the manual seat, might as well keep it. Let me know.

I think the power seat will possibly let you go lower and higher than manual. I think with the manual the problem is that you are "stuck" at one height...