You can type here any text you want

Driver side low and high beam not working

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JEvans22

87 Turbo limited
For some reason the driver side high and low beam lights aren’t working. Parking lamps and blinkers do work. Any ideas of where I should be looking? Thanks

there's a separate ground for each side of the headlamp harness
check the ground wire on the driver side inner fender (just above the horns)

Grounds look good. The bulb in the high beam light looks burnt out upon inspecting. If that bulb is in fact bad could it cause the low beam not to turn on as well?

Do the grounds ''look good'' to the eye, or look good to a voltmeter?

If you don't want to troubleshoot it, just take the two known good bulbs out of the passenger side and install them on the drivers side. That will tell you if it's the bulbs or not.

I had that same problem years ago , on the left side as well, my problem was the ground wire that pacecarta mention.
I just clean it up with a fresh connection, and never had anymore issues.

I replaced the high beam and it works now. Low beam looked burnt out too so I tried two spare low beams and neither worked. I’ll clean up the grounds and report back.

if one bulb works its not the ground ...its an operator failure to maintain lamps issue

if one bulb works its not the ground ...its an operator failure to maintain lamps issue
Yup that’s what it was. Just bought the car a couple weeks ago. I ended up replacing all the low/high beam and corner bulbs. Also a signal flasher since they were blinking real slow. Thanks fellas, crossing off my check list.

DFF2D74B-E165-4BBB-8E82-D544AD909C43.jpeg

Back