You can type here any text you want

drop spindles

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
This is AudioWizard, I am fairly certain this is a bell tech 2" drop spindle.

Attachments

• gn1.jpg
    gn1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 581
I believe 17"...To be honest, I have never seen the car in person, or met the owner...this is all info I found here on the site, and am pulling from past threads I read ages ago.

Other than looks is there anything to gain by going drop spindle? (wondering if I should consider it or not)

The gain is the look of the drop, you still have the same mushy springs and shocks (if you have not addressed them) and the poor GM geometry and bump steer issues. If handling is priority try the taller Howes ball joints, and a drop spring w/ a quality shock like Bilstein. If you want it slammed, Like I do, I am doing moog springs F&R and drop spindles w/ bilsteins. It'll still handle much better and be on the ground, but to me its all about cruising low and enjoying the ride. I have other ways to carve a curve that make more sense than a GN....and naturally start miles ahead of a modded g-body.
After 2 years, I still have not done the install, due to finances (I'm in real estate) so I have not gotten every part I need to complete my set up, because my current wheel/tire will not allow a drop spindle w/o sitting them on the fender lip and not rolling at all.

Currently 16x8, but they are offest out a lot to fill the weells, when the spindles go on, the move the whole travel arc up 2", so what barely clears now will scrub like a SOB. I am going to 20x10 rear and 20x8.5 front w/ more backspacing to allow better fit. I also have ziz-wheel and a welder, and I am willing to use.
I have been sitting on these parts for ages, trying to get the loot to buy wheels and tires to allow use of he susp parts I have.
(I also bought an air ride kit, I have decided against and am trying to sell)

I bought some drop spindles but not sure if I want to use them or not.... I am running 19x8 up front and 20x10 in the rear both with medium offset... I put the moog spring all the way around and billstien shock ..... But the car still did not look low enough I have no hood, deck lid doors or bumpers on the car now because its still at the paint shop I was thinking I will wait till the car is put back together to see if the added weight will drop the car anymore or if the spring will settle some more....

What is the BS on the wheels? On a 20x10 I think 4.75 is what clears, and the 19x8 being .5" narrower than what I calcualted for a 20x8.5 should help too. With spindles I am going to use a 4.75 in the front as well. Easier to space a wheel out than machine it in. I will be using a 1.75" dropped moog for the rear and a 1" in the front....I dont have the part #s in front of me but I got theinfo off that huge Moog thread.(Audio in the rear will squat it a little more I think.
Post any pics you have...
btw what wheels are you using?!

Here's my 87 T...first pic is before with 2" drop spindles...1.5" drop in back...second pic is after...raised back to stock height...

Crap...too fast on the reply...here are pics...

Attachments

• turboregal.jpg
    turboregal.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 425
  • turboregal4.JPG
    turboregal4.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 427
Scott, did your tires rub on spindles? They look real close to that inner flange/lip inside the fenders.

With the drop spindles the front tires would catch the wheel well trim piece but only if I had the wheel turned all the way and was going over a bump or up and down the driveway...other than that no rubbing...stock size front tires...

Bell tech 2" spindles /Bilstein shocks -Front
Bell tech 1.5" springs /airbags/ Bilstein shocks -Rear
Front tires are stock size
Rear tires are 275 /60/15 BFG DR

Attachments

• DSCF0054-3.JPG
    DSCF0054-3.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 309
  • DSCF0057-2.JPG
    DSCF0057-2.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 301
Back