You can type here any text you want

Dual gauge pod? (Not pillar, no console)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boostian

Anyone make a dual gauge pod for our cars that isn't designed for the center console or the a-pillar?

I have a bench car with boost and oil pressure in the a-pillar. Looking to get two more gauges in somewhere, wideband and electric fuel pressure.

Remove the ash tray under the radio and mount a twin gauge panel there.

They are angled up, so if I flipped it over it would point down. Is there a different one?

GNS Performance sells this one, if you can find another gauge to fill the 3rd hole.

100_0776.JPG

The old school twin gauge metal panel is what Nick is referring too not the console gauge pod for our cars.

Bryan

There is a t-top pod out there that holds 2 gauges. If you are a tall guy it won't work out though as the kind of hang in front of the rear view mirror a bit.

I have also seen guys use the gauge mount cups and just mount them to a plate above the radio which also looks good.

I bought a gauge mount cup and used two side 3M tape to stick it to the column in front of me for my knock gauge. It holds like iron and it very visible.

I saw something in here where somebody got a universal mount and sandwiched it between the dash and the surround, and had it on top of the dash. It looked pretty good and was straight line of site, as opposed to looking everywhere but the road to read gauges. If I can find it again I'll post it.

Hey there, it's in the fabrication section of general tech. 1st page "new gauge pod and location". Sorry, I'm too dumb to know to cut and paste. Anyways, I'm gonna borrow the idea for one of my cars, cause Grandpa's Limited doesn't need to look like the space shuttle.

Hey there, it's in the fabrication section of general tech. 1st page "new gauge pod and location". Sorry, I'm too dumb to know to cut and paste. Anyways, I'm gonna borrow the idea for one of my cars, cause Grandpa's Limited doesn't need to look like the space shuttle.
Hey they are talking about me! Cool. Here is a link to the thread. 2 gauge pods are also available. Could be painted to match the dash.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/new-guage-pod-and-location.419068/

img_0490-jpg.237258

It's a little off topic, but where did you get that Buick Motorsports sticker you put in the instrument cluster? Looks really good!

And to the OP, I'm sure you've seen the gauge mounts for the dash trim above the glove box. Kinda out of the way in front of the passenger, but another option nonetheless.

way back in the dark ages- i think sometime in the 80's, maybe even when the car was new in 84- someone thought it would be a good idea to drill holes in the panel above my glovebox and put gauges there...

643974_10152192001975441_1877154582_n.jpg

if you pay shipping, i'd trade you even up for your unmolestered panel, and i'd even throw in the gauges (Autometer boost/vacuum, engine temp, oil pressure, electric trans temp all with angled bevels that point the gauges at the driver) for free.

the gauges are really easy to see once you get used to glancing over there, but i just don't like the way they clutter up an otherwise clean and uncluttered interior. i like it better than pods and panels all over the place, but not as much as not having gauges on the passenger side of the car..

what i want to do is what this guy did- a 90's LeSabre cluster:

DSCF4506.JPG

Last edited:
cal sells a new fast system to get rid of those gauges... im going to buy one where I don't have to use a temp an oil gauge near the shifter

old gauge weee letting off

I have this style now

Last edited:
Back