You can type here any text you want

dual intriped fans

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

moyersgn

Looking to do dual intriped fan setup. Looking for pics of this setup. Any pics will help. Thanks.

Looking to do dual intriped fan setup. Looking for pics of this setup. Any pics will help. Thanks.

I have this partial picture for ya. Notice I cut the mounting tabs off the sides of the fan. Then I fabbed up some of my own little mounting brackets to go to the stock radiator support.
IMG_0102.JPG

Here are two. My temps dont go over 170 in the florida heat and the a/c on. Great fans so far, knock on wood.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I kept things simple. I'm not much of a fabricator, so here's how I used stuff that was available:

The top mounts are nothing more than a couple of aluminum bar stock piece I had laying around. They've now been painted black to hide them, and the scratches on the A/C pipes have been dressed up along with the rest of the cosmetic restoration that has happened.

And this picture doesn't yet show the dual relay hot wire kit that makes it all plug and play.

fans1.jpg

And here's how I used the stock lower fan bracket mounted to the dual fans. I first fastened it to the fans, then when mounted in place, fastened the core support bolts.

fans5.jpg

Is this set up plug and play?
Gbodyparts sells the fans with a plug and play harness. I had these fans about 3 years ago but used a harness from Racetronix. I cut 2 the two bottom ears off the sides and used the top two to secure it with L brackets I made, then made tabs for the top. It was a tight fit with the stretch SLIC. See pic below. Setup worked well until one of the motors quit working. Changed over to an Alradco setup after that.
Intrepid fans 1.jpg

I just installed these last week. My brother had an old Concorde parts car I got the fans from. Bought the harness from Kirban's, #7609. Also grabbed some aluminum bar stock from Home Depot and made some tabs to hold it in.

I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but some guys like to use foam or some other protectant on the edges of the fan shroud to prevent chaffing on the radiator.

It's plug and play, works very well, drops the temps fast when they activate. I thought they were a little quieter too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back