Dusty Bradford's EZ Street V-8 Turbo Regal

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
This car is going to be tearing up the southern 1/8 Mile Tracks this year.
Dusty has done a lot of the work on this thing. It will have a 23* Headed SBC and a Precision Thumper.

Attachments

• buickfront (3).JPG
    buickfront (3).JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 888
And the best part is it's Grey like mine! :wink: Hopefully Dusty can get us some video of this Beast when he gets it up and running :cool:

blackshoebox said:
Would also love to see some vid's of that thing.. :cool:

I bet you and Steve will be able to see it in person at some point.

PS: good luck on the house hunting!

I was hoping to have it ready for orlando but don't think I'll have it tuned anywhere close to being competitive this year. Plus my cage will only certify to 8.50 and would hate to make the haul and be turned away. We don't have to worry about that on 1/8 mile stuff since the speeds aren't that high.

We did check on flying in to the WSN's to watch this year though so we do plan to be there.

Dusty Bradford said:
I was hoping to have it ready for orlando but don't think I'll have it tuned anywhere close to being competitive this year. Plus my cage will only certify to 8.50 and would hate to make the haul and be turned away. We don't have to worry about that on 1/8 mile stuff since the speeds aren't that high.

We did check on flying in to the WSN's to watch this year though so we do plan to be there.

That's too bad you won't be bringing the car to Orlando (was hoping to see at least one Buick out there this year), but it would be nice to meet you.... I'll be there with blackshoebox and a few other guys (going up Thurs. for the cruise to Race Rock as well) so we'll probably run into each other.... I'm sure Cal will be there tuning on some customer's cars like Mike Dees turbo mustang that runs the Radial Tire class... Should be a good time!

When it get's closer we'll have to exchange cell #'s. We planned flying in early Thursday and back out Sunday night. One of the guys going with me has relatives in the Tampa area who runs an apartment complex. We're working on having our own apartment for the weekend :D

Last I heard from Holly was that Fiscus was planning on bringing his to play

Dusty Bradford said:
When it get's closer we'll have to exchange cell #'s. We planned flying in early Thursday and back out Sunday night. One of the guys going with me has relatives in the Tampa area who runs an apartment complex. We're working on having our own apartment for the weekend :D

Last I heard from Holly was that Fiscus was planning on bringing his to play

Yep I'll email you as it gets closer... It would be nice to see Dave run an 8 sec pass on the M/T DRs!!! :biggrin:

Have any of these guys been testing on the radials?
It took an 8.66 to get into the show last year.
I would expect that to be 8.45 this year!

John Wilde said:
Have any of these guys been testing on the radials?
It took an 8.66 to get into the show last year.
I would expect that to be 8.45 this year!

That is a good question... If any of them plan on making the bump in Radial Tire I hope they got their "A" game on!!! There were quite a few fast cars last year that didn't make the show although in any other DR class they would have probably been at the top of the pack.... Orlando's no joke!!!

BTW John, do you know if any of the PSCA Wild Street cars are coming to Orlando?? Would be cool to see some fast cars running on them little 275/60 radials!

I think that the cut off in drag radial will be faster than mot of these guys have gone on slicks

I think Artis that has gone 8.2 on the 275 Tire will be there.
The car should be faster with a 315 or 325. I think one of more of the turbo mustangs may also come and play. I am not sure if the have the HP to compete though.

I've had a few e-mails wanting more pics of the ride so I have a few of the roll cage and a couple more to put up. So here you go.....

I can't claim the roll bar as my own work. It's by Dan Parker and crew at Parker Chassis in Columbus GA

Attachments

• rollbar2.JPG
    rollbar2.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 571
I'm very picky and wanted it ran through the dash like the pic above. Here is the rest.

Attachments

• rollbar5.JPG
    rollbar5.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 627
The front seats are Corbeau. They were originally all black but I had my interior guy put the grey inserts in them to match the rear seat which is the replacement covers from Postons.

Attachments

• rollseat.JPG
    rollseat.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 562
Last one for the day today. Here is the bolt in 9 inch from Quicktime performance. I bought this off of a member here bilt2run who had it in his S2 car but parted out the car. You can see the full Wolfe Suspension from Cal and Holly at Hartline's and my attempt to run a coilover spring in the stock location.

Wheels are 15x11 Bogarts on 6 inch bs and a 29.5x10.5 m/t slick. I can buy these tires all day at the local limited street races for $150 a pair with only 6 passes on them. The l/s cars kill the sidewall but they should work fine while I'm sorting the bugs out at the track instead of ruining a good pair of radials. Once I start tuning the car in to compete I have a pair of 295/65 M/T radials.

Attachments

• undercar.jpg
    undercar.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 569
Thanks for sharing more pics of your car Dusty! Those are without a doubt the best looking aftermarket seats I've seen in a TR... The grey inserts were a very wise decision! :cool:

Thanks.

On the paint. A friend has a little body shop behind his house and I just sorted through some of his left over paints and found this color that matches pretty well. I taped up the entire inside and we sprayed it with a spray gun. To be honest though, I should have just sprayed it with a spray can, that way it would be a lot easier to match if it ever gets scratched. I've already scratched it in a few places.