Dutweiller Stage 2 Twin 60-1s HYBRID?

carmelo gaudite

I am looking for some suggestions on what do you think is the coolest and right donor car to receive a Dutweiller Stage 2 twin turbo (60-1s). It will come with a built th400 with Gear Vendor 4th gear, brake and line lock, Motec computer, Ford 9", etc... it is an excellent street/strip running car right now (87 GN) but I'm thinking of transplanting the whole set up on something unique that can handle 1,200 RWHP. Thanks

Future home of a 109 motor. S2 sound better.

Attachments

• MVC-014S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 3,207
carmelo gaudite said:
I am looking for some suggestions on what do you think is the coolest and right donor car to receive a Dutweiller Stage 2 twin turbo (60-1s). It will come with a built th400 with Gear Vendor 4th gear, brake and line lock, Motec computer, Ford 9", etc... it is an excellent street/strip running car right now (87 GN) but I'm thinking of transplanting the whole set up on something unique that can handle 1,200 RWHP. Thanks

The 60-1s will not make 1200RWHP.
Our previous Duttweiler Motor with those turbos made 1049 FWHP on Duttweiler's Dyno. The boost was around 30psi as well.
You can probably make 900 to 950 RWHP with those turbos.

My Blue 86 T Type would be the perfect donor car!!! ;)

opeltwinturbo said:
Future home of a 109 motor. S2 sound better.

John, that hybrid was always on my list and wondered why no one ever did it. I can wait to see it completed. Good luck.

To be honest a 3rd gen GTA would be nice.
Kind of a stage 2 turbo trans am!

Ive always thought of a gremlin for a street cruiser, I had a 65 american Rambler with a 109 drive train at one time,freaking so lite t few,never raced it cause it was a death trap ofa car and i didnt want to putmoneyinto i

Tri-5 Something
Chevys are cool but I'd like to see a 1954-1957 Buick Coupe or Wagon. That or what I call "Car-Evil"... a 1959 Buick Invicta. That would be downright sinister.

Dut stage 2

John Wilde said:
The 60-1s will not make 1200RWHP.
Our previous Duttweiler Motor with those turbos made 1049 FWHP on Duttweiler's Dyno. The boost was around 30psi as well.
You can probably make 900 to 950 RWHP with those turbos.

My Blue 86 T Type would be the perfect donor car!!! ;)
The previous owner had it dynoed @ Dut's shop and came out with 1,200 rwhp (don't know what boost though) or maybe it's not a 60-1. I called his shop last week and they confirmed that this combo can produce that power. Anyway, shoot me some photos of your blue car John, mail it to james08109@aol.com , thanks

stage 2 TT

TYRFRYR said:
My thoughts:
Willy's Coupe
60 Chevy Bel Air
66 Nova 2
50 Shoebox Ford
thanks for your input tyrfryr how's your Datsun runnin with the LC2? was it an easy transplant?

49-blues said:
How about a 65-67 vette.?
Actually, it's on my list already and I've been watching what's available out there. I have a 69 convertible and I hate to destroy the car because of its originality and low mileage (38K) but it looks really good to become a twin turbo car.

stage 2 TT

Here's some potential candidates and maybe somebody had done it before; a 635 CSI body and dress em up to look like an M6, an early 5 series Bimmer and dress em up as an M5, 80-87 Vettes or older, Cobra from Factory Five shell, an old T-bird convertible, 3rd gen Trans am, 84-87 Regal and make it to look like factory,79 to 84 911 Porches, a 928, 55 Chevys, older Benz SLs, or any other potential donor that is unique.

QUOTE]

Pinto
Vega
Datsun 510 (think of it as a 240Z for a family guy)
Datsun 1200 Cpe (not the B210)(uses a leaf spring rear axle)

(With the Datsuns you can pretty well update to the latest of suspesion drivetrain pieces)

A Cobra like Casper's with the vette suspension is a given for being a great set-up.

If you're doing a from *0* car, then a Cobalt would be a *first*.

thanks to everybodys' input I am actively lookin for the right donor and I will post the progress of this project, who knows I might retain the GN and make the exterior as close as can be as a GNX clone.

I think that made sense it will save me a lot of time and mullah and besides I don't have to transfer a thing just bolt the extra body braces (front & rear), GNX fender flares and vents, do a spindle drop, maybe GNX emblems, body repaint, and install 18-19" wheels for street duty (already notched ),some suspension tweaking, and some interior TLC. Man, this will keep me busy during the winter. Ok it will be the GNX clone.