You can type here any text you want

Dynamat,Fatmat, B-quiet.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RI-Matt

What is everybody using?

With all the different sound deadening stuff out there what is your opinion on what is best and why?

Also, someone told me that you can just use "ice and water sheild" that you buy at Home Depot etc.. Any opinions?

TIA
Matt

I've used Dynamat and B-Quiet. B-Quiet was junk, in my opinion. It did not stand up to the summer heat. It just melted and slid down all vertical surfaces I put it on. Was a major PIA to get off and all areas cleaned up to put on Dynamat extreme. B-Quiet is based on asphalt, like Dynamat orginal. Dynamat extreme is based on vinyl tile, which works much better. I will be using Dynamat products in the install going in my new truck.
John

Thanks for the replies, keep them coming I know there are the audio gurus that have used some of these products before.
I keep hearing good things about the Dynamat Extreme. The only downside was that it is expensive, but then again what isn't.

Matt

Dynamat

I just had the Concert Sound II put in the doors. Installed the Dynamat. I like it.

Fatmat all the way.Cant beat the price and its supposedely as good as D-mat Extreme.

Ive got it in my Dodge Diesel and 1 of my GN's,works great!!!

On a side note,D-mat is WAY,WAY,WAAAY over priced.

www.fatmat.com

I used FatMat on my roof and around the quarters when I did my headliner. It sure made the bass tighter and it seems to be just as good as the Dynamat. I also like that it quieted down the noise level on the freeway quite a bit, it really is noticeable. I did use Dynamta on my q-form kickpanels though. The small amount there cost almost as much as the the whole roof section did.

Mat

I got the Dynamat (doors) at the local car audio store. For the Fatmat (under the back seat), I ordered it online, but it is backordered for about a month. www.fatmat.com

Back