Dyno day " las vegas" !!!

Murdock

I think we tried this awhile back, but its worth another shot. We can do a Dyno Day...ScottAtk knows a good place... meet up and do breakfast then off to the Dyno or All hangout after the Dyno for Pizza or Hamburgers and of course Beer...not necessarily in that order!!! :tongue:

I know we have alot of local guys out here..its a fun chance to get to know some more of the members
I would like to start taking my car out more often, I got a nice paint job and the garage is all that gets to see it. I checked out Cars&Coffee this last Saturday and saw a Silver T Type along with my GN, But the owner left before I could meet him. I understand things are tight right now....but maybe if we set a date for September or something, Ill check with ScottAtk and see if he would be willing to talk to his Dyno guy.

Whos with me on this???

Of course out of towners are always welcome :)

Duh!! I'll bring my dynoqueen. There's also a brand new guy that just introduced himself in the Members Introductions Section.
The guy at C&C was probably Mike Baker, his car should be pretty fast. He's been gunning for me for years. :D His new combo sports a Weber stroker, I also seen he's selling his 67 turbo so he must of stepped up in turbo too.

Yeah, it was nice looking chrome everywhere stock intercooler with the neck mod etc very clean under the hood... I really wanna run mine... its been running real good lately I need to get those metco's installed :) lol

Mikes car is very nice
Scotts dyno queen wont put down any good numbers though.
Have to see if I can get Sean to come out.

Hey gnpoweredrail how you been? Have you dynoed your sandrail yet?
Good Miguel and you??
I havent dynoed it yet as the clutch woulnt hold over 20 psi.
I turned it down and drove it from Oct to March...burned over 650 gallons of fuel and put over 1500 miles on it.....doesnt sound like alot to street guys but this was all offroad mosty in the sand.
I might go do this with these guys even at the current setting and see what it does.
What did it do at what boost level in your car?

This coming saturday???

Did you talk to Sam? I emailed him and he said he'd be happy to put something together for us but I didn't mention any dates. This coming weekend would be tough for me, I just started doing bodywork, looking ot get it painted ASAP. I will come watch and lend a hand though if you guys want to do Saturday.

Hey guys names jessie im new to the gn world stoked to see so many in vegas area. I would be down for this weekend. Scott i have a shop with a paint booth.

I'm late joining the thread! My GN still isn't running, but I could take the turbo Camaro. At "Doug's Dyno" it put down roughly 575 #/ft of torque and 520 HP, but I can't remember the boost level for sure (7# ?). J.W. and I had a conversation about dyno number variances, and how so far, no one has pulled 1000 HP on Doug's to win the free pulls. I'd like to see how his numbers compare to Sam's.

Looks like I'll be ready in a couple weeks. My car is in primer and being blocked out as of yesterday. Should be getting it back next week.:D

Attachments

• IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 270
  • IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0041.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 258
Got the car back from paint. Turned out pretty good. I'll be at the track Wednesday night October 19th for "Wednesday Night Street Drags" for anyone thats interested. I can also do the dyno thing whenever.

Attachments

• IMG_4766.jpg
    IMG_4766.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_4767.jpg
    IMG_4767.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_4768.jpg
    IMG_4768.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 224
looks awesome Scott! how much for the dyno? i just bought a diablo tuner for the challenger and i wanna see what she is putting down to the wheels.. maybe 340hp??
i should have the grand national also, so count me in if its afforable

Scott,

Your car looks awesome. I think it's pretty funny that everyone thinks the "Black" cars are the ones to watch out for. We all know it's the white ones that are the fast ones. :D

Neal

Thanks Neal!
For the Vegas guys that are interested, I'm definitely going to the track on Wed. the 19th. I believe racing starts at 5pm. I'm also looking at doing the DYNO earlier that afternoon if I can get my hands on some gas.