dyno results, car running rich

paccio

Went to have the car dyno'd today. Made 3 pulls peaked at 319hp 370tq.

The car was running rich as my a/f mix fell of the charts below 10.

O2's are in the 850 or more range.

I was running 23 # of boost with 0 knock spraying alky on 93.

Fuel pressure is 42 line off.

TT chip burned for 50's.

My bl's are 117 at idle.

What's my next move to lean it out?
Should i lower FP.
Have Eric tweak my chip?

Thanks Phil

id lower fp a pound or two.

im running alky and think im only running about 40lbs line off. my 02s are right at 800

117 means the O2 is sensing a rich condition. Definately lower fuel pressure. A lot. And you can put the chip into program mode and pull fuel out as well.

Did you add timing? Lock the converter?

Lean the car, add timing, lock the converter.. it will pickup easy 60-75 HP.

You have your baseline :)

Ok i lowered the fuel pressure from 41 to 39 the o2's droppd to 825-835 at wot.

Should i lower the pressure any more 39 seems low considering the chip calls for 43#.

I have not played with the timing, it's a TT alky chip for 50's.

I did not lock the converter in my runs.

Thanks Phil

im only running 38 or 39 lbs on my car. razor can tell you better than me, but as long as the O2s are in the 780 or above you arent risking running lean.

im assuming you have a walbro pump and a hotwire kit????

lower presure another pound or two and see where your O2s are.

Yes it has the Walbro pump on it and it's hot wired.

I'll go to 38# see were that gets me.

It does seem to be running stronger bringing down the fuel.

Thanks Freak

The chip you can put into program mode and lower its fueling.

You lower fuel pressure to get your BL numbers 128ish at idle. Now with a lower fuel pressure, what is the BL reading at idle. Closer to 128? Higher means lean.. lower means rich. Target 124-132 if possible.

Then.... see where your at top of third gear for O2's.. Put chip into program mode and make your adjustments.

And while the chip is in program mode.. add some timing ;)

Razor said:
The chip you can put into program mode and lower its fueling.

You lower fuel pressure to get your BL numbers 128ish at idle. Now with a lower fuel pressure, what is the BL reading at idle. Closer to 128? Higher means lean.. lower means rich. Target 124-132 if possible.

Then.... see where your at top of third gear for O2's.. Put chip into program mode and make your adjustments.

And while the chip is in program mode.. add some timing ;)

I havent tried this yet Razor. I suppose im just timid and a little intimidated about trying to program the chip.

:rolleyes:

my bl's stayed at 117 even going to 37# line off. That seems pretty low already or should i keep going to get my bl's up?

Going to 37# my o2's came down to 815-825 range at WOT.

I read somewhere to put the chip into program mode your A/C needs to be fully charged. I need a recharge. So i'm not sure if that will work but i'll try it.

paccio said:
I read somewhere to put the chip into program mode your A/C needs to be fully charged. I need a recharge. So i'm not sure if that will work but i'll try it.

If Eric's chips are similar to the Extender, using AC controls to program, all you need to do is pull the plug on the condensor and jump it with a paperclip, wire, etc.

1BADDAM said:
If Eric's chips are similar to the Extender, using AC controls to program, all you need to do is pull the plug on the condensor and jump it with a paperclip, wire, etc.

Exactly ;)

Easy way to lean it out... up the boost :biggrin: