Dyno today: 364HP 556TQ stock turbo,inj,ic 22psi

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
We had a get together for the G-bodies at the track last night, and went to the dyno today.
Last night i was only able to run 20 psi before my car would start to knock, went 12.68 at 105 on BFG non drag radials, got a 1.82 sixty foot with my front sway bar hooked up :) and the spare tire and jack ect still in the trunk.
went 8.04 at 85.31 in the 1/8th it was 95° out and falling.

So we went to the dyno today and it was 102.7° degrees in the bay with a small fan blowing on our cars to cool them off.
Everyone was playing the guessing game as to what they would lay down on the dyno, the previous number was only 6HP off someones guess to their own car.
My guess was 360/500
My first run was 357.7 and 526.0 at 20-21psi that run won me a free T-shirt!
two minutes later
I added one psi 21-22 and got 364.7 and 555.7
six minutes later
I added more meth to see what would happen, got 363.3 and 556.0

I did pay an extra 15.00 for a wide band, and my a/f was 11.4 during all of my passes, my horsepower and a/f look flat as a pancake which makes me feel good about the car.

So anyway, it has a ATR 3" downpipe with full hooker exhaust,maf hardpipe with K&N airfilter,1 screen removed from the stock maf,ported lower intake,RJC power plate,new valve springs,old style round bottle SMC alky kit running pure methanol,BSTC to control the boost inside the car,PMAC trans with a 9/11 convertor locked up,and one of ERIC MARSHALLS TURBO TWEAK CHIPS!!!!!
28° in first and second 25° in third gear

Stock 60.00 turbo that i purchased from WAKKOSS over a year ago never been rebuilt
Stock intercooler never been ported out, NO bigneck
Stock injectors, well they are green stripes but they are only 30#ers
Stock t-body and upper plenum

I just cant believe those torque numbers, that cars best ever was 470/615 with a te44 lots of boost,race gas and race chip 3-4 years ago....

Now i need to work on getting the HP up :)

what do you guys think?
Oh yeah, this is my daily driver in my sig... heads never been off.

BW

phew! good numbers, pretty soon the buick will be making more torque than the cummins :eek:

Nice, Check my sig you think i'm making about the same power? Maybe more I ran those times with MT slicks and no front sway bar. And real stock injectors :)

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
We had a get together for the G-bodies at the track last night, and went to the dyno today.
Last night i was only able to run 20 psi before my car would start to knock, went 12.68 at 105 on BFG non drag radials, got a 1.82 sixty foot with my front sway bar hooked up :) and the spare tire and jack ect still in the trunk.
went 8.04 at 85.31 in the 1/8th it was 95° out and falling.

So we went to the dyno today and it was 102.7° degrees in the bay with a small fan blowing on our cars to cool them off.
Everyone was playing the guessing game as to what they would lay down on the dyno, the previous number was only 6HP off someones guess to their own car.
My guess was 360/500
My first run was 357.7 and 526.0 at 20-21psi that run won me a free T-shirt!
two minutes later
I added one psi 21-22 and got 364.7 and 555.7
six minutes later
I added more meth to see what would happen, got 363.3 and 556.0

I did pay an extra 15.00 for a wide band, and my a/f was 11.4 during all of my passes, my horsepower and a/f look flat as a pancake which makes me feel good about the car.

So anyway, it has a ATR 3" downpipe with full hooker exhaust,maf hardpipe with K&N airfilter,1 screen removed from the stock maf,ported lower intake,RJC power plate,new valve springs,old style round bottle SMC alky kit running pure methanol,BSTC to control the boost inside the car,PMAC trans with a 9/11 convertor locked up,and one of ERIC MARSHALLS TURBO TWEAK CHIPS!!!!!
28° in first and second 25° in third gear

Stock 60.00 turbo that i purchased from WAKKOSS over a year ago never been rebuilt
Stock intercooler never been ported out, NO bigneck
Stock injectors, well they are green stripes but they are only 30#ers
Stock t-body and upper plenum

I just cant believe those torque numbers, that cars best ever was 470/615 with a te44 lots of boost,race gas and race chip 3-4 years ago....

Now i need to work on getting the HP up :)

what do you guys think?
Oh yeah, this is my daily driver in my sig... heads never been off.

BW

Your numbers are staggering--you should be proud.

Geoff

Very impressive numbers, especially considering the hardware you are running. Really says a lot for high timing. I'm itching to get my car on the rollers this year. Just have to get this intermittent pop to go away...

I am calling BS on those dyno numbers. Not saying you are lying. My car runs 117 in the 1/4 and dynoed at 400/460. Dynos are very inconsistent IMO. That car should be running 10s with those numbers.

torque spikes are not uncommon on the dyno. i had a pretty stock setup too and made 589 torque but it was only a for a flash.

Well I can vouch for the numbers-I was there. And I don't think that it was a spike, it was pretty much all the way across. Maybe Bryan can post the dyno graphs.

matt87 said:
torque spikes are not uncommon on the dyno. i had a pretty stock setup too and made 589 torque but it was only a for a flash.

At the beginning of a pull the car can momentarily drop down into 2nd gear, and that'll give you a large spike in torque.

What was the torque reading in 3rd gear?

Sleepy said:
I am calling BS on those dyno numbers. Not saying you are lying. My car runs 117 in the 1/4 and dynoed at 400/460. Dynos are very inconsistent IMO. That car should be running 10s with those numbers.

Always has to a few who cant handle the truth.

the reason my car doesnt run 10s is because it only has 364 horsepower at the rear tires and weighs 3800 lbs with me in it, 3550 car, 185 me, plus fuel is 3815. Maybe i should just hack it up and get it down to 3000 lbs, can you give me some advice on how to do this?

Attachments

• 100_2715 (Small).jpg
    100_2715 (Small).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 931
J Banning said:
At the beginning of a pull the car can momentarily drop down into 2nd gear, and that'll give you a large spike in torque.

What was the torque reading in 3rd gear?

Jbanning- Yes this is a full 3rd gear pull, NONE of pulls are dipping down into 2nd gear giving a spike.
Check out that a/f ratio

BW

V8'sHAHA said:
Nice, Check my sig you think i'm making about the same power? Maybe more I ran those times with MT slicks and no front sway bar. And real stock injectors :)

Im sure that your HP numbers might be real close, how much does your car weigh?
BW

Yes the 9/11 convertor was locked up during the pass, if it wasnt, the hp and torque would have been alot less.

Sleepy- I shouldnt have lashed out like that earlier in my previous post, i just get irritated when the BS flag gets thrown out. Hopefully you can see view the graph and see the car makes fairly good power for a uncracked motor.
Like i said before, she made 470/615 with a te44, it had a D5 convertor back then. These 6 bangers are good for alot of torque.

If anyone wants to view a torque spike, i have a sheet i can take a picture of from years ago when it downshifted on the dyno.

laters

BW

1ARUNEM said:
Bryan, stop lying. We all know those numbers are from your Cummins diesel..

;) :D

Ha-
I have the videos in, who wants to host them?

The cummins would put at least 400/800 to the tires, its not too shabby either :D

Slacker ;)

BW

i dont doubt the numbers b/c he prob at full boost by 3000 rpms. seems the lower the rpm at which max boost is made, the more torque is put out at the low end, like diesels, 600 ft lbs @ 1200 rpm lol