Dyno today: 364HP 556TQ stock turbo,inj,ic 22psi

ACLR8R said:
Good numbers, I have a little more horsepower, but less torque. I Have a few more parts though. Mine was on street chip, and unlocked convertor.

Thanks for the complement, i think the car does fairly well for being "mostly stock".
I did forget to mention that the SMC alky setting was only at 5.5 to 6ish and when i was at the track with radials i left with ZERO boost and max of 20psi in all gears. It did ping alot in 1st gear, i need to dial that in with my controller, just wished it was progressive...

Do you lock your convertor when you race? When posting i cant read your sig and i forgot what you had....

Just wished it was faster....

BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Thanks for the complement, i think the car does fairly well for being "mostly stock".
I did forget to mention that the SMC alky setting was only at 5.5 to 6ish and when i was at the track with radials i left with ZERO boost and max of 20psi in all gears. It did ping alot in 1st gear, i need to dial that in with my controller, just wished it was progressive...

Do you lock your convertor when you race? When posting i cant read your sig and i forgot what you had....

Just wished it was faster....

BW

No I havent locked the convertor. Could probably run a little quicker if I did. I am planning on switching over to a progressive controller sometime soon to.

wheelin said:
Could you also e-mail that HP calculater too, Also whats your fuel pressure at?
thx mike mvc@shaw.ca

Sent you email to mvc@shaw.ca i believe my fuel pressure is 38 or 40 cold, so i assume it will drop a few psi once its hot... its been 7 months since i adjusted my fuel pressure.

BW

Well that stinks I wish I knew you guy's were doing this, it sounds like you guy's had a blast.

Does SMC have a progressive setup for there system

larry33kc said:
Well that stinks I wish I knew you guy's were doing this, it sounds like you guy's had a blast.

Does SMC have a progressive setup for there system

Yes he does have a new progressive setup, i believe its 100.00 extra...

The event was posted in the midwest section here on this board, i didnt know you went out to the track much...

Sorry for the above post, wrong user name.

BW

Thanks man, i was just farting around on radial tires and 20 psi at the track, the car detonates at any higher boost level for some reason.... Would have ran 12.0 with a 1.60 with better tires, add 5 more PSI of boost and might have gotten a 11.70... the car is heavy, and is my daily driver LOL....

I have a CAS front mount that id like to put in place of the stock neck stock IC on the car and see if it helps much. Should easily get .2 and 2 MPH but i need to get another alky kit for it, mine just died this week.

Thanks for the link that website rocks!

BW

Hey Bryan, those are some awesome torque numbers. These stock motored cars could easily get into the 11s with fine tuning. Its the massive amount of torque that get you there.

Could i also get a copy of the TRX power program SPOOLN@MSN.COM thanks :)

numbers are great Bryan. i still wanna see numbers from the dualie though I am always a diesel guy at heart. Maybe i need to get back home and see the six pack crowd who I will be joining very very soon.

Greg

twiztedturbo_02 said:
numbers are great Bryan. i still wanna see numbers from the dualie though I am always a diesel guy at heart. Maybe i need to get back home and see the six pack crowd who I will be joining very very soon.

Greg

Wish i did have it on the dyno, how about a picture instead?

Oh thats my 99 powerstroke in the background....it needs a injector, smokes real bad.
Picture was taken TODAY, date on picture is off!
BW

Attachments

• 100_2810 (Small).jpg
    100_2810 (Small).jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 205
looks good got that sewer pipe hanging off the back looks good too. I dyno'd my little gmc a week or so ago and threw down 445.8hp and 861.7tq and this was with a quad programmer exhaust and cold air kit. its better than huffing a charger like i did at a kc dyno in 02. i have to find my 530HP sheets and post up a picture of those

Greg

Attachments

• dyno queen 001small.JPG
    dyno queen 001small.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 221
How are you running meth with the old style SMC?... I was under the impression that meth would destroy the pump in no time.

It was 4 years old and lasted 6 months with pure meth and no lube, that old SMC kit just died last week..
I did purchase another newer kit from SMC with the external pump and it uses your stock overflow bottle... that kits going on my white car, ordering a kit from Julio on monday for this silver limited.

BW

Very inpressive nunmbers...pray that my Buick will turn out like that when i get it running up to boost :)

My best pass was 12.6x@105-106ish but was never able to dyno in that trim. Dang. Too many apples to oranges to matter though.

Of no importance but slightly relevant: links to some old dyno days we had:
http://www.gwtra.org/dynoresults.htm (another link on that page)

The trick IMO is to get data as low in the RPM range as possible if you want high torque numbers. Some cars/dynos make this easier than others I suppose.

twiztedturbo_02 said:
looks good got that sewer pipe hanging off the back looks good too. I dyno'd my little gmc a week or so ago and threw down 445.8hp and 861.7tq and this was with a quad programmer exhaust and cold air kit. its better than huffing a charger like i did at a kc dyno in 02. i have to find my 530HP sheets and post up a picture of those

Greg

Hey man, i had no idea you were "GREG" shoot man, you need to let me know who you are next time...
I forgot you had the chebby years ago!
I heard you got the itch for a buick, let me call around for one, Spicer gave me your number today, 970-980-DODGERULES right? LOL

I will call ya :biggrin:

BW