Dyno today: 364HP 556TQ stock turbo,inj,ic 22psi

turbo buicks said:
i dont doubt the numbers b/c he prob at full boost by 3000 rpms. seems the lower the rpm at which max boost is made, the more torque is put out at the low end, like diesels, 600 ft lbs @ 1200 rpm lol

Mike-
Very good point, actually i did ride the boost a lil before it was floored, but it didnt record on the dyno till 3300 rpm. Surely that is where my convertor will flash to when its locked?

Thanks for the support,

BW

I figured you must have locked it. When mine wasnt locked, the flash threw the dyno all off and it was kind of useless data. That monster torque is just what you need with such a heavy pig!!! I know cause mine is 3820# with the drag wheels...i dont want to know what it is with the street tires/wheels :)

Those are some sweet numbers Bryan! Did you have the converter locked in third gear, then punch it? (I am assuming so)
I have never done a dyno run before, but will be in the near future.
Was that rear wheel power?

WSLN 6 said:
Those are some sweet numbers Bryan! Did you have the converter locked in third gear, then punch it? (I am assuming so)
I have never done a dyno run before, but will be in the near future.
Was that rear wheel power?

Yes sir it was on a rear wheel dyno and the temp was actually 106° with the convertor locked.
The car has a lock up switch which i locked before i even started to roll the dyno..... man it was hot this weekend

BW

Its funny how people get all riled up about that. I was more upset than anybody! :) My car in full race trim only did 406hp, 530tq. Although, it was freaking HOT in that dyno room. My car did 122mph all last fall, I was hoping for higher numbers. Maybe next time. Good job B........

Since I was also there, I guess I will whip it out......................especially since it was the biggest.:)
I was actually very disappointed in my numbers
Fully built car, running poorly(just got put back together), and maybe some misinformation from the dyno(whole other story)
Put down 446hp 491ftlb
big turbo
big intercooler
ported heads
etc

I have seen dynos spit out funny numbers. At one of our Buick Club dyno days a mid ten second car at best dynoed at 680lbs of torque. Then on that same dyno a Stage 2 motored car that runs low 9, out down 740. That 680 does not sound right. My friends 03 Cobra did a pull at 507HP at the rear wheels, then went back to the same dyno 6 months later and made 465. Nothing on the car was changed. But like everyone knows it does not matter how much power you make on the dyno, it is how fast you go down the track.

In fact on one pull at our Buick dyno day, one stock motored car registered 800lbs at the wheels. he has the print out the prove it. Noone believes the car makes that power. I am just saying that dynos are not always accurate.

glad you guys made it out... Bryan was very impressive, for whats there wish i had such a cool daily driver! Btw Bryan guessed his hp within 2.somthing hp.

Bryan put that dyno video on putfile.com

glad you guys made it out it was great to see such cool turbo buicks!

i hope my car will put hp numbers close to that i doubt the torque though but i traped 105.9 with 20psi? i need to weihg this thing and get it on a dyno if i can get over 350 i will be happy. that torque is crazy :eek:

do enuff of the internet et/mph ---> hp calculators and you will get a good idea of what you are really putting down. I usually just use the dyno to see my hp/tq curve for setting up shift points. ya gotta love that turbo tq!!!!!!!

lteeone said:
glad you guys made it out... Bryan was very impressive, for whats there wish i had such a cool daily driver! Btw Bryan guessed his hp within 2.somthing hp.

Bryan put that dyno video on putfile.com

glad you guys made it out it was great to see such cool turbo buicks!

Thanks for inviting us out Scott and getting this weekend put together for us.

Here is a picture of the TRX.EXE program i use to figure some stuff out, i did NOT use this before heading out to the dyno, i can email the program to you if you like.
Ive had this program for awhile, seems to be right on with what my car ran at the track,and what put to the dyno..... Its also right on when i was running low 11s with this same car.... the injector duty cycle is really close too
BW

Attachments

• 100_2722 (Small).jpg
    100_2722 (Small).jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 736
Sleepy said:
I have seen dynos spit out funny numbers. At one of our Buick Club dyno days a mid ten second car at best dynoed at 680lbs of torque. Then on that same dyno a Stage 2 motored car that runs low 9, out down 740. That 680 does not sound right. My friends 03 Cobra did a pull at 507HP at the rear wheels, then went back to the same dyno 6 months later and made 465. Nothing on the car was changed. But like everyone knows it does not matter how much power you make on the dyno, it is how fast you go down the track.

In fact on one pull at our Buick dyno day, one stock motored car registered 800lbs at the wheels. he has the print out the prove it. Noone believes the car makes that power. I am just saying that dynos are not always accurate.

I dont know man, seems to be right on with the horsepower, the torque cant be that far off, these cars were rated 245/345 stock.
My tta when it was bone stock thru the cat dynoed 323/440 with a chip and 100 octane, stock airbox

Heck 365HP on a stock turbo and full exhaust in 100° temperature aint too bad, seems like a valid number and jives with my HP calculator-

Once i get some new axles in it i will bolt the slicks back on it and see how well it goes. Once i pop a head gasket, the girdled motor might go into this car.

BW

Thanks for the compliment, i am actually amazed the HP doesnt dip till 4900 RPM,thats where the stock cam seems to loose its oomph.
The HP line is nice and flat, without the meth it surely would have been losing HP from run to run, 3 passes within 8 minutes and only 1 HP off at the same boost level.

I let the trans shift itself, usually right at 4900 anyway:)

Program sent to phasbargen@direcway.com

IT BOUNCED....

Good numbers, I have a little more horsepower, but less torque. I Have a few more parts though. Mine was on street chip, and unlocked convertor.