You can type here any text you want

Dyno vid from Buschur's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Very impressive. To think it could blow out the spark at that small of a gap. One of my fav cars on this board for sure.

Brandon.

The term blowing out the spark is incorrect, but it is the easiest way to say it. The cylinder pressure is creating too much resistance to allow the spark to happen. Combine that with E85 which doesn't like to fire as it is, then consider there is 30% more fuel in the cylinder when compared to gas, it needs a strong spark.

How do these numbers compair to the old 8.94 time 3bolt numbers?

I should do some more reading up on the E85 . I know the tables and the fuel energy constant changes for it. In Canada we don't have many if any stations that sell it yet, so there isn't as much talk about it up here yet. The Cal tuned Buicks on it have done some very impressive things.

Brandon.

The 8.94 3 bolt set up made 767rwhp on this dyno at 25psi. The 8.94 pass was on 26psi, so probably closer to 800rwhp based on the hp per psi we were seeing. The only change was the 4276 billet turbo, and E85 (E80) and the supporting fuel system.

I am running a distributor and a Crane Hi6 with Crane coil. Looking to switch to CNP next year. For this year, I am going to try more voltage.

When I switched to the xfi I had to buy the xim cnp setup as well and I'm glad I did. Not only would it look amazing on your car it should work a lot better. But I'm sure Cal has already told you this.

What type of numbers are you looking to achive this season?

Here is a picture from the other thread of forcefed's engine bay. Very impressive.
pt4276-013-jpg.186701

Very nice! What turbo were you running in 3 bolt t3 and what ar to run into the 8's?
It was an old cast wheel 76mm hpq with a Precision .85 Buick housing. The 76mm wheel was overkill. The cast 70 and billet 71 and 67 have proven to make over 1000hp with the right turbine.

I have no real goal, I guess mid 8's. I would like to see 158 to 160mph.

Using that ignition box coil combo is way to low output , as that coil only puts out 380ma or 500ma on the LX92 coil compared to the msd stuff which is 1amp and 2 amps for the bigger coils. Amazing numbers wow!

forcefed3.8's said:
Thanks. The issue is firing all of the E85.

I was having that issue last night on the streets running some friends...FWIW air temps were in the 40's...

1.28 AR Garrett divided housing, 224/224 hydraulic roller with solid lifters lashed .007", compression is 9.6:1. This turbo has slightly more lag than the 7668, but with the CO2 on the wastegate rather than a stock style actuator and a THDP, it hits full boost quicker. Ramping in the boost on the AMS1000 is nice too on the street.

1.28 AR Garrett divided housing, 224/224 hydraulic roller with solid lifters lashed .007", compression is 9.6:1. This turbo has slightly more lag than the 7668, but with the CO2 on the wastegate rather than a stock style actuator and a THDP, it hits full boost quicker. Ramping in the boost on the AMS1000 is nice too on the street.

Thanks what is your stall speed at 0 psi boost Ie flash stall?

Ok, but when your on the transbrake when you 1st floor it will be the intial stall 3800 sounds really loose to me.........my ptc 9.5 is 2600 rpm@0psi and 5100rpm@12 psi for example.

Back