@ E-Town today and I wanted to burn my car after the first Run

@ E-Town today and I wanted to burn my car after the first Run:mad:
The car has been running great for a while now.
I have done a bunch of WOT runs and it always felt great.

So I drive about 60 miles to E-Town (it also felt great on the way to the track)
I get to track and on first run I wanted to pull over in the middle of track and set the car on FIRE.
This was my first run at the track on this car
SO I launched the car at Zero PSI because I figured that anything more and I would just spin. (street tires and an open rear) the car pulled hard out of the hole then just went completely blank at about 30 or 40 feet from the starting line, so I lifted then got back on it and finished the run.. My O2’s got as high as 871 this was the out come
R/T------745
60’-------2.485
330------8.373
1/8------12.169
MPH------66.95
1000-----15.333
¼--------17.990
MPH------85.48

And the rest of the SM readings go like this for the second run look like this.
Air Flow 05
L8-------38-41
Bat------12.7
Int ------128
BL-------131
CLT-----151
ATS-----119
R---------775
TPS------44
ISC-------38-40
CC--------172
This was all done before the second run. Anyway this was the outcome. A much better run but I am still extremely disappointed.
R/T-------737
60’-------2.349
330-------6.410
1/8--------9.806
MPH-----72.34
1000-----12.760
¼---------15.255
MPH-----91.13
I pulled – a total of -6.3 (including the first
And the rest of the SM readings go like this.
AF------ 05
L8-------35-37
Bat------12.8
Int ------128
BL-------131
CLT-----153
ATS-----115
R---------725-750
TPS------44
ISC-------36
CC--------123
So now I am heading toward the tree for the last time of the day
I do my first burnout of the day (it’s the last run I might as well go all out) So I line up at the tree build 5 PSI of boost then let it rip and the car dies again so I let of then got back into it. This was the out come of the last run.

R/T-------590
60’--------2.430
330-------7.857
1/8--------11.540
MPH-----68.61
1000-----14.623
¼---------17.196
MPH-----88.12

What happens when it dies? Does it sputter at all? Is it electrical or fuel? You need some sort of data logger to see what's going on. It sounds like it's running out of gas, but if pulling fuel helped then that makes no sense.

Jim

What happens when it dies? Does it sputter at all? Is it electrical or fuel? You need some sort of data logger to see what's going on. It sounds like it's running out of gas, but if pulling fuel helped then that makes no sense.

Jim

it was just like this. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...-home-limping-part-2-car-just-turned-off.html but this time only at WOT and at the track, on the way home i tried braking the car with a bunch of WOT pulls and they felt great and pulled hard all the way to 80 MPH
it feels like if some just turns of the ignition No spitting or sputtering NOTHING at all.:mad:
IF i had the money this engine would have been gone last night. but since i don't i have it, i have to now figuire out the @@##$$#problem.
1-17.99:mad: :mad:
2-15.25:mad:
3-17.19:mad: :mad: :mad:
i hate this car. i think i would have felt better if it broke down instead.

it was just like this. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...-home-limping-part-2-car-just-turned-off.html but this time only at WOT and at the track, on the way home i tried braking the car with a bunch of WOT pulls and they felt great and pulled hard all the way to 80 MPH
it feels like if some just turns of the ignition No spitting or sputtering NOTHING at all.:mad:
IF i had the money this engine would have been gone last night. but since i don't i have it, i have to now figuire out the @@##$$#problem.
1-17.99:mad: :mad:
2-15.25:mad:
3-17.19:mad: :mad: :mad:
i hate this car. i think i would have felt better if it broke down instead.

Did you replace the fuel pump like you mentioned in your other post? If not, I'd try that but it doesn't sound like your problem. You'd be getting crazy knock (you do have a knock gauge, right?) if you were WOT and the fuel pump was falling behind.

I've had this problem twice in the past. At WOT it feels like someone turned the key off. Around town it was fine - only under WOT. Falls right on its face. Once it was that the connector to the coil pack/ignition module was loose (forgot to tighten it). The second time it was either the coil pack or the ignition module. I replaced them both at the same time so I can say with any certainty which it was. I'd bet it was the module, though.

Jim

Did you replace the fuel pump like you mentioned in your other post? If not, I'd try that but it doesn't sound like your problem. You'd be getting crazy knock (you do have a knock gauge, right?) if you were WOT and the fuel pump was falling behind.

I've had this problem twice in the past. At WOT it feels like someone turned the key off. Around town it was fine - only under WOT. Falls right on its face. Once it was that the connector to the coil pack/ignition module was loose (forgot to tighten it). The second time it was either the coil pack or the ignition module. I replaced them both at the same time so I can say with any certainty which it was. I'd bet it was the module, though.

Jim

didn't replace the pump because like some of these guys http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/251342-premature-walbro-failure.html I am waiting for something better to come along.
the part that really burns me up is that on the way there and on the way back i got on it, pedal through the floor and it ran great.
and only when i tried to leave with some boost it died.

didn't replace the pump because like some of these guys http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/251342-premature-walbro-failure.html I am waiting for something better to come along.
the part that really burns me up is that on the way there and on the way back i got on it, pedal through the floor and it ran great.
and only when i tried to leave with some boost it died.

I doubt it's the pump anyway. It seems electrical. I'd swap out the coil pack and module for a known good one.

Jim

BTW I had about 2-3 gallons of 93 in the tank then I added 5 gallons of C16.
Just trying to give as much info as possible.

Insoect the crank sensor. If its rubbing then it may cut out and restart like it seems to be doing.

video of second run

this is the video of the second run.
2-15.255 @ 91.13 launched off of idle. No burn-out clean run

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkikkWfjCvs[/YOUTUBE]

Check the battery cable where it comes from the battery to the starter... they are mighty close to the underside of the pass header.... sometimes under extreme torque the engine will rock over far enough to short the battery cable out to the header..... then the car cuts off for only an instant... when the engine rocks back over... it un-shorts and the car picks up just like normal........ seen that several times.... once on my car.... once on a friends.... and a few times to others cars here on the board......

It is worth a check....just run your hand along cable and feel for burnt insulation... sometimes it is hard to detect...

Check the battery cable where it comes from the battery to the starter... they are mighty close to the underside of the pass header.... sometimes under extreme torque the engine will rock over far enough to short the battery cable out to the header..... then the car cuts off for only an instant... when the engine rocks back over... it un-shorts and the car picks up just like normal........ seen that several times.... once on my car.... once on a friends.... and a few times to others cars here on the board......

It is worth a check....just run your hand along cable and feel for burnt insulation... sometimes it is hard to detect...

When I put the car together I put a home strap on the battery cable under the header by the starter holding the wire onto the motor
But I checked it anyway and it’s still clear of the header and in good shape.

Today I also finally got to installing the module and coil from my other car (which looks like a replacement unit) I’ll let you guys know how it goes.
Wish me luck.