East Of Raleigh

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
How many of you guys are from Raleigh east.
I am from Greenville and know of one other board member from Greenville.

Saw a post recently from a wilmington guy looked like had a garage full of TRs.

Maybe we can all meet centrally somewhere one day I was thinking of maybe seeing if can rent a track for the day somewhere any one else intrested!:D:cool:

Shane, the guy who used to work on my car has several turbo Buicks. He used to go by the name Turbo1dr up here. I haven't heard from him in a few years though. His name is Vernon Swindell. I'll see what the guy up the road from me with the 85 GN wants to do too. Another guy in Greenville named Al Furbush had a mid 11s TTA. The last I heard it was in pieces though. I've rarely seen any driving down the road. Usually when I do I follow them to talk with them though. I've seen a few down at the track in New Bern. I may go this Thursday night to see if they are there. Thursday is test-n-tune night there. Vernon goes there too. I've been trying to get people to come east of Raleigh but it seems most are west and only want to meet west of Raleigh. There's usually an annual meeting at Jordan Lake west of Raleigh in the summer months. I'll keep my ears open.

I am East of Raleigh--:cool: ---in Wilmington---:cool:

We need to get an East-of-Raleigh meeting---we have talked about it before--i feel like the Charlotte guys would come down with enough notice----i have offered to have a meeting/get-together at my house.Maybe one of these days we can do it.

If not---maybe we can get together at a track somewhere near.

Geoff

Hello ghall

You are the guy I was referring to with the nice pic of all the TR's. How many you got in there? NICE:cool: :cool: :cool:

I glad to know there are so many buick guys this close.

I will call and get info on maybe renting a track one day. I do not know about the Drag Tracks but our local circle track ECMS only charges like 60 bucks an hour to rent. I will check and post later. If not we can come to my house as well. I have a 1/2 mile paved PRIVATE lane coming up to my house. It is not the most level in the world but 1 can surely play up to about 100mph with no problems:cool: :cool:
Would make for some cool pics too.

Anyway any more Eastern NC folks on the board CHIME IN AND SPEAK up. Just like to know who's around.

Thanks

Re: Hello ghall

Originally posted by sgrim
You are the guy I was referring to with the nice pic of all the TR's. How many you got in there? NICE:cool: :cool: :cool:

I glad to know there are so many buick guys this close.

I will call and get info on maybe renting a track one day. I do not know about the Drag Tracks but our local circle track ECMS only charges like 60 bucks an hour to rent. I will check and post later. If not we can come to my house as well. I have a 1/2 mile paved PRIVATE lane coming up to my house. It is not the most level in the world but 1 can surely play up to about 100mph with no problems:cool: :cool:
Would make for some cool pics too.

Anyway any more Eastern NC folks on the board CHIME IN AND SPEAK up. Just like to know who's around.

Thanks
Sgrim---Will be heading to Farmington at the end of June.Come on and go ---We can meet and you can meet NCTURBOS,TurboIndian,Sully,and a bunch more TR guys.Hope you can go--

Geoff

Is that 1/4 mile

That is right outside of Winston Salem Right?

What day in June?

I will for sure try to be there. We should have the street car right by then and should have the race car ready.

How many T/R's you got????

I met Turbo Indian at the BG Nats the other week he was a nice guy. He used to go to ECU for a while so we had something in common there.

I am looking forward to this and meeting all you guys. If at all possible we will be there:cool: :D

I've already mentioned to Geoff (ghall) that if he builds it we will come!!:D I'm looking forward to a get-together in the Wilmington area.

K.

sgrim, What track you thinking about renting and when?
I live in Wilson and wouldn't mind seeing what she'll do. ;)

trying to get info

trying to get info right now. I will let you know asap.

If I get the d/p and tranny straight and have enough time to ask for the day off I'll try to make it too. I definitely won't be racing though. I'll try and bring a friend as well.:cool:

Re: Is that 1/4 mile

I met Turbo Indian at the BG Nats the other week he was a nice guy. He used to go to ECU for a while so we had something in common there.

you must have your lines crossed, I never went to ECU, hell I barly graduated high school.:D there is a good chance you met me @ the nat's. primer 67 firebird.

turboindian

Are you the guy from muscle car salvage. If not that is where i got mixed up. If I made a mistake I am sorry.

Hope we can still all get together.:cool:

Re: turboindian

Are you the guy from muscle car salvage.

:cool: ;) :eek: :D Yeah that's him.....:D :D :D

No, seriously that's Mike McCoy from Muscle Car Salvage. TurboIndian has a '67 Firebird with a TTA motor in it.

K.

OOPS!

OOPS!:confused:

Sorry:eek:

Still would like to meet as many of you guys as possible:)

Just thought I would let you know I'm at your back door in the big town of VANCEBORO NC. I'd like to meet some guys from around hear too.

Vanceboro

Go through there all the time on way too beach, my wifes best friend is from there. Do you ever go to that 1/8th mile track in New Bern? OneLethalGN lives not to far from there on 43. We need to all get together sometime soon. Glad to know so many T/R's still around eastern NC.

Hopefully the parts I ordered for my tranny will be here next week. Soon after they arrive I'll have them put in. Now if I can only get the downpipe off so I can have it sent out to ATR to be fixed I'll be straight. I may go to the New Bern track soon. They're changing my days off from Thursday to Friday so I can head down to the Thursday night test-n-tune. There's a few other New Bern guys on this board but I don't remember their names.