Ebay Ta Performance Knock Offs L@@k Inside For Pictures

Probably not, neither is my TT chip, gutted cat or 57# injectors. But in the TurboBuick world that is the least of my concerns.

Are any vendors headers for that matter?

I would think that a company bringing a high profile, emissions altering, pre cat. conv. exhaust item to market they would want to cover there A@@. I can't imagine what the fines would be or selling them without some kind of "off road use only" waiver.

I would think that a company bringing a high profile, emissions altering, pre cat. conv. exhaust item to market they would want to cover there A@@. I can't imagine what the fines would be or selling them without some kind of "off road use only" waiver.

I dont get it? what so emission altering about a set for headers for a turbo buick? No air pump connections, or air injection. Whats so "high profile" about a $200 set of headers.:confused:

Here's some food for thought! Instead about bitchin and moaning about the cost and how they are to expensive to manufacture, why don't the designers contact the header companies and discuss what it would cost to mass produce these headers in China. If china is the leading metal country, why don't we take advantage of that and have them produce the product for us! Just make sure you set standards in quality control! Then we (AMERICA) can all make a profit.... Then we get the product back and stamp it with DESIGNED IN THE US! and everybody is happy!

Sam

I don't consider them high profile but the EPA looks at things differant. Most headers you buy these days for late model cars come emission tested & certified.

I don't consider them high profile but the EPA looks at things differant. Most headers you buy these days for late model cars come emission tested & certified.

So basically what your saying is that the poston, ta performance and every other header manufactured here is EPA legal. I seriously doubt that!

Sam

So basically what your saying is that the poston, ta performance and every other header manufactured here is EPA legal. I seriously doubt that!

Sam

I can't speak for those companies but i know my ATR headers are 50 state legal per ARB D304.

Who cares?? is there an EPA police car in your area that will pull u over and do a header inspection??Your in Florida,do you notice some of the garbage on the road down here?Our cars are very clean burning and let off little emissions,hence no smog pump,air tubes and etc. from the factory...

Who cares?? is there an EPA police car in your area that will pull u over and do a header inspection??Your in Florida,do you notice some of the garbage on the road down here?Our cars are very clean burning and let off little emissions,hence no smog pump,air tubes and etc. from the factory...

Who cares?? I care!! Our governor is in Miami this weekend at a global warming conferance & has allready proposed adopting the California emissions program & standards for us. And furthermore... Why purchase something from a questionable company, of questionable quality, with no customer support?

Is the stainless slightly magnetic on these headers?
This is something that will show in cheap stainless.

I bought a 3" downpipe not long ago from a buick vendor,and needless to say the new owner who is a sticklin for details gave me crap about the quality of the stainless it was made of

I dont get it? what so emission altering about a set for headers for a turbo buick? No air pump connections, or air injection. Whats so "high profile" about a $200 set of headers.:confused:

Look what happened to Casper's. Who would've thought he'd be on the EPA's radar? I wonder what would have happened if he were based in China? Probably nothing. I had a defective child's toy set my basement on fire - made in China. The US Consumer Product Safety Commission investigated and couldn't touch the manufacturer nor the importer. The importers hide behind corporations they set up and take down when they get in trouble - they have no real addresses or working phone numbers. Insurance covered it, but I was out my $500 deductible and there was no one to sue to get it back.

It's really getting tough to make stuff for these old cars (though Casper's problems weren't specific to Turbo Buicks).

Jim

If I may add.....

my $.02, when dealing w/china on any scale, be it manf.'g or just QC. you can not just send a deligation over to investigate the problem. one of the last problems took 3 months of protest by our gov. and denial by the chinese gov. of any problems or wrong doing by the company. When the chinese gov. finally gave permission for an inspection of the facility, the only thing found was an empty building. ( I guess it was our protests that caused the co. to lose business and had to close!?:rolleyes: ) No one could be found to interview. So much for maintaining quality assurance!:eek: If that's not enough, they are consuming 60% of the worlds oil, stealing our technology,(by enticing the worlds manufacturing into opening up new factories,) hacking into the nations computers to include the CIA, and double taxing our goods to prevent our products from selling. Not to mention they are holding 1 trillion U.S. dollars, a great threat to our economy, should they decide to dump it on the global market.:eek:

Is the stainless slightly magnetic on these headers?
This is something that will show in cheap stainless.

I bought a 3" downpipe not long ago from a buick vendor,and needless to say the new owner who is a sticklin for details gave me crap about the quality of the stainless it was made of

On my set (I don't have them anymore)

One tube had a very slight attraction. This was only on the outside radius, the inside radius was not.

Overall, you will have to do some work on them. I would say another vendor that sells them could take the time and contract a welder to repair the items on these headers and they could be sold for a little more with a guarantee behind them. Might have been the better way to introduce the product.

Okay so why don't the vendors think of capturing all the business (everybodys by making it competetive) rather than having to make it so hard to buy the product cause its so expensive.... Most people want to make the returns on the products they make within 3-4 months.... not likely...people don't get rich that quick... it's earned!
Why don't they get the gross profit of the product from the volume of sales! I know about this because I am in the retail business!

Thanks,
Sam

Are you serious? How many products for TR do you see in Summit or Jegs? I'm in retail also and if you don't make money you don't stay in business. Why worry about what another man makes. How would you like it if you couldn't feed your family because somebody opened up a knock-off of your business next to yours....at half your prices...and the sheep were to cheap to care about the differences in quality.
Do you think TA doesn't "earn" their money? Tell me one company that offers an aluminum TR block!!
How many people start threads moaning about their TA headers have flow and fitment issues?
If you can't afford the good stuff....I understand. But bashing Buick vendors because of YOUR pocketbook puts us all at risk of looking up one day and seeing the only parts we can get will be used...cause none of the innovative pioneers will be able to keep up with the cheap foreign production. How many people lost jobs because of NAFTA?
I make money from customers every day. And I keep the US economy alive by spending it here when I can.

You would think this community would take pride in making american hp with american made parts from american companies for there american cars. What's next..... drifting at the GS nationals??

Who cares?? is there an EPA police car in your area that will pull u over and do a header inspection??

Got to admit, that's funny!:D I have a knock off set coming, and I'll do what I need to get them to fit and perform. My stock headers are still on and ran over 132 on 22 psi, so if these are even a slight improvement---------they are a steal. Besides, I like fabbing stuff up anyway. If I could buy just the prebent pipes and flanges for $250, I'd jump on it. Brian

well when i bought mine, i went in with the attitude they cost me 250.00 bucks.. I am more then happy with the ones i have... " and the insides of mine do not look like that ones in the pics above"

Are you serious? How many products for TR do you see in Summit or Jegs? I'm in retail also and if you don't make money you don't stay in business. Why worry about what another man makes. How would you like it if you couldn't feed your family because somebody opened up a knock-off of your business next to yours....at half your prices...and the sheep were to cheap to care about the differences in quality.
Do you think TA doesn't "earn" their money? Tell me one company that offers an aluminum TR block!!
How many people start threads moaning about their TA headers have flow and fitment issues?
If you can't afford the good stuff....I understand. But bashing Buick vendors because of YOUR pocketbook puts us all at risk of looking up one day and seeing the only parts we can get will be used...cause none of the innovative pioneers will be able to keep up with the cheap foreign production. How many people lost jobs because of NAFTA?
I make money from customers every day. And I keep the US economy alive by spending it here when I can.

The reason you don't see many TR products in Jegs or Summit is due to the fact they don't have a big market for them! There isn't 100000 gn like there are mustangs and camaros and everything else, but you do find parts for suspension and such... Just not turbo Applications!!!!
Oh... and I can afford the good stuff.... I've owed 11 gn and 2 Turbo TA, a 50K custom chopper And all this before I turned 29 years old! - and NO i'm not a drug dealer or deal in contraband... I actually work in the Car businesss - FInance Director and Make $300k plus a year!
But Just cause i make decent money doesn't mean I just shell out thousand of dollars! I'm trying to keep the money I'm making

SamBalls, Good luck with your headers! There's nothing wrong with trying to save a buck! I hope they work out well for you. I personally buy from our vendors to help keep them around and I support American made products but everyone has their own choice as to what they purchase. Cangrats on the nice headers, they look good! -----Jeremy