ECM-SOL fuse - short somewhere?

jsta6

John 15:17
OK, here is one for you...

I was wondering if anyone has had a problem like this before.

My A/C stopped blowing cold air. I noticed that the compressor was not turning on or getting power.

Research brought me to the ECM-SOL fuse, which was blown. IF you have the GM manual, you can reference page 8A-11-9. The pink / black wire powers:

A/C cut out relay (my original problem)
EGR valve solenoid
coolant fan delay relay
fuel vapor canister purge solenoid
waste gate solenoid (I use a bleeder valve)
TCC solenoid (I was wondering why my fuel mileage was so crappy)

I replaced the fuse and pulled one relay / solenoid at a time, until I had checked them all. I blew the fuse each time.

I "believe" if I leave the car idling, the fuse won't blow. It only seems to blow when I hit the road.

Any ideas before I tear the car apart looking for a short?

TCC solenoid inside the case of the tranny.

My guess or else a disconnected solenoids wiring hitting metal intermittantly.

Like your wastegate solenoid.

Originally posted by salvageV6
TCC solenoid inside the case of the tranny.

My guess or else a disconnected solenoids wiring hitting metal intermittantly.

Like your wastegate solenoid.

That was my guess to. But I already pulled all the relays / solenoids.

ECM-SOL Fuse

If somebody figures this out please let me know. Am trying to figure out why my A/C compressor won't turn right now. Thanks. Drew

I had the same isue, try unplugging the trans, but if it is the trans it wont blow until you step on brake , there is a switch that unlock the converter when you step on the brake, my car would only blow the fuse when first stepped on the brake, so unplug the plug onb side of trans and see if you blow the fuse after you press the brake, if you do then you have a short in trans, all i did was disconect wire going from the brake switch on the pedal under the dash going to the trans and it took care of the problem, i think it was a pink wire, not sure though it was awhile ago

ecm-sol

Tom, I unhooked my convertor from the brake too. Got tired of it weirding out and dragging the car down everytime it turned on or off. Some of the postings on here seem to think the ecm-sol fuse blowing causes the compressor to lock on. None of my fuses were blown but the compressor still locks on. Going to start checking relay switches tomorrow. New compressor 3 years ago. Only 10k miles since. Was fine one day and screwed the next. Thanks for the help. Drew