You can type here any text you want

ECU (FAST) --- Not responding

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ProchargedCobra

Had the system for a couple of years.

The car has not been cranked in about a week, had the I/C out doing some work on it.

Got ready to crank it yesterday, and noticed the fuel pump did not prime when I twisted the key.

Everything else has power, starter turns over, radio is on, etc...

Hooked up laptop, and cannot connect to ECU... Check ECU power connections (connected directly to battery), and they seem OK.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I realize this is a buick forum, but this is the best resource on the net for FAST and DFI. Thanks in advance for your help!!

I had this EXACT same problem. Searched and searched. It turned out to be a power relay. I have a GN, and don't know exactly how your system is wired up, but I have a power relay in the harness to the ECU that was bad. I don't know which power lead it's in. But if you have a relay somewhere in your harness, I would try jumpering around it. When I did that, with the key on, the fuel pump came on and viola! I have thought about putting a switch somewhere and making that a supplemental security device. Oh, well, just thinking.

Derrick

Taz-

I do have a relay in my harness that is pretty close to the ECU. I will definely check it.

The other thing I thought of is the switched +12v wire, I think it is the pink one, not sure though.

From the FAST documentation
12V+ Switched
Connect to a +12V source that is active when the key is in the START and RUN position. This is the wire that actually turns the ECU on, so it is critical that it receives 12 volts when the key is in the ON position and in the START position

This wire has a higher likelyhood of being compromised, as it goes out under the hood, where as the main power wires for the ECU stay inside the car back to the trunk and connect to the batter.

Hopefully it will be one of these two things and not the ECU.

Thanks again!

I am trying to figure this out as well. My fast powers up fine, I took the switched 12V from an unused harness right by the computer. The FAST has a switched Ground that is designated for the fuel pump. Any ideas on how to hok this up in a Mustang would be sweet. Also, in FOX bodies at least, a relay for the fuel pump can be loacted under the driver's seat.

Gary, I think the car knows the turbo kit is coming and doesn't want to cooperate....Who wired that thing anyways

Back