EGT vs WB02??

Superskwrl

I was wondering what everyone's take is on tuning with an EGT vs. Wb02

I have the wb02, but not the EGT setup, is there any benefit to getting an EGT setup?

Well the wideband wont tell you when the pistons are blobs of aluminium:( Use both be safe

What kinds of egt temps are ppl seeing? I gather that it will be different depending on where the sensor is located. I have my sensor located in the turbo exhaust inlet housing and run about 16,000* to 16,500* at WOT. I would think it may show a little cooler at the head exit (exhaust manifold/header).

John

With a rich tune i get 1650 in the factory o2 sensor location@25psi and 11.3 a/f and 26 timing on c-16.

Originally posted by norbs
With a rich tune i get 1650 in the factory o2 sensor location@25psi and 11.3 a/f and 26 timing on c-16.

I wonder how much difference there is between the location before the wheel and after the wheel. Your location being after the wheel. Do you think it's about the same.

I am running 27# of boost with an AFR of 12.0 @ 26* timing and a 50/50 mix of c-16 and Sunoco 94. I get about 2-4* of knock at the 1-2 shift and at the TCC lock at the top of third. The knock is directly on the shift point... assumed it's probably shift related. My o2 correction is +/- 3 at WOT.

With my egt at 16,000-16,500 before the exhaust wheel, I am wondering if my next step in being a little more aggressive in tuning should be boost, timing or afr change. Any suggestions?

John